My SP101 Brought Home A Big Sister

Help Support Ruger Forum:

QB

Single-Sixer
Well, looks like my SP101 was lonesome and brought a friend home.

The 2 1/4" barrel was my first 9mm SP101 that I picked up last week and now she has a big sister, the 9mm 3" barrel.

Shorter one came in cardboard boxes and the 3" came in a grey plastic case with a label on it.

I field stripped, cleaned and lubed both of them and hope to get to the range this weekend. I now have 7 newly purchased Rugers that I have yet to shoot so it's going to be a long range session Saturday!! :D

SP101Both.jpg

Knuckles

Buckeye
Not worthy............. (bowing down).............. Two!............... what can I say? 8)

rhatimi

Bearcat
looks like you found a big sister indeed, now you need the big brother (GP-100) :D . Nice pics!

jazzman

Single-Sixer
Very nice QB. I have thought of starting a collection of sp's. Now all you need is the .22 and the .32 or .327. Great find, I hope to come across one of those also, but they seem to be pretty rare.

Jazzman

QB

Single-Sixer
Won't get to shoot them until next weekend but will post a range report.

I have to decide on holsters. Wanted the High Noon Snapper (OWB) but they don't make one for the SP101 so not sure what I'll use.

Probably won't get the SP101 in .22LR, .32 or .327. While I do have a stash of .22LR ammo, I don't want to have to purchase .32 or .327 ammo so those guns aren't on my list.

Latest posts