My Single Six 22 mag a different shooter now

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kf6gub

Bearcat
Sometime ago (spring?) I began a thread complaining (I did) about the shooting qualities of my Single Six. I sent it back to Ruger and final-l-l-y got it back. Other than the fact that I had to ship it at my expense, there was no other costs to me. The technicians said several things in the report; it shoots within tolerances. ( I don't think they did a thing with it. ) With the 22 mag ammo in hand, it still shot to the left, regardless. Later I was in Cabelas and thought to buy several brands of ammo in 22 mag...not very much to select from. Yet I was able to buy some Remington. Wah-la! It shoots like a different gun! I heard that 22 mag guns can be really impressionable, dependent on brands of ammo. In the past I had put that thought aside. I am glad I finally gave that thought its due. With sight adjustment and Remington ammo, I'm a happy camper once again. thx Jim :D PS: I'm not intending to encourage the purchase of Remington ammo; it just works well in my gun.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Perfect example of how one needs to try different ammo before discounting a fun. Too often someone declares it junk or similar after trying one or maybe two types of loads. Glad it's worked out for you!