My single seven

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jpdesign

Single-Sixer

So I am happy with it for now, although I will be getting a belt mountain base pin.
The point was to get something with more umph than a single six. My mother hat a saddle make craft this holster for my dad in the late 80's for his single six. He gave it to me about 6 years ago and I have used it for my single six since.

I picked up a single seven 7 1/2". Once I got it home I found that the gap between the cylinder and the rear of the frame was too tight and it didn't want to cycle with ammo in it. I sent it back to ruger to be corrected. They called and said they couldn't fix it and wanted to send me another gun from the catalog, luckily I got them to send this one back. I took it to a gunsmith and he fixed the problem, and I had him cut the barrel to 6 1/2 to match the holster. I then for a bisley grip frame, hammer, trigger. Wolf springs went in, and an mk crescent ejector. Now I have exactly the gun I wanted.

I also have a 4 5/8 that I put together with a birds head grip frame, bisley hammer and trigger, wolf springs, and crescent ejector.

Now I need a holster to fit it. Probably a cross draw that will slide into this belt.

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
That's a class outfit. They'll mark you for a Top Hand in the Glen Rose saloons and social clubs.

That's a great picture! I like the gun too. Good job on customizing it how you want.

I'm curious why Ruger couldn't fix the problem with the cylinder.

hhilljr

Bearcat
Very nice Ruger! I have a 5.5" version, and would like to upgrade the ejector rod too. Could you share where you were able to find one?

Thanks

jpdesign

Single-Sixer
Bought 2 when brownells had them. Ruger makes one now but I dont think it looks as good. It's in stock at brownells.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Kevin said:
That's a great picture! I like the gun too. Good job on customizing it how you want.

I'm curious why Ruger couldn't fix the problem with the cylinder.

Ruger will only replace parts, they do no gunsmithing. If they didn't have a new cyl replacement that worked, they quit trying. And the things Ruger usually don't fix, are so simple to fix oneself (or by local gunsmith) it's not worth the trouble to send back to Ruger.