My Rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
These should about cover my needs for awhile, at least for walkin the woods and mountains.

MyRugers002.jpg

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Well, this is another woods walkin combo, just sold the Thunderer but am going to replace it with a Ruger Birshead.

IMG_0256.jpg

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
I have two of those, made in Germany and they have serial numbers on them. One pictured is #457, have been told they are Marbles but I'm not up on knives much. I bought them new many years ago(I'm 67) and they have skinned many a deer and elk plus hundreds of fish. If you have some history I would love to hear it.

Three50seven

Buckeye
Well, Marble's knives were made in Gladstone, Michigan starting around 1900 up until 3 or 4 years when production went to Japan :evil: . Luckily, a few former Marble's employees have started making knives again in that area:
http://www.rapidriverknifeworks.com/
http://www.crystalfallstradingcompany.c ... th=220_186

I have several Marbles and 1 Rapid River. They're AWESOME knives and beautifully made, at that. I don't know that Marble's ever made any Knives in Germany, but it's possible.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Three50seven, I did some checking after your post. The brand is Edge Brand Knives made in Solingen Germany. They imported them to the US starting in the 50's. Value varies but averages around $100 to $150. All I know is they hold a fine edge and are tough. I keep em plenty sharp and will pass them onto Grandkids in a few years just like I'm doing with some guns now. The stag handles on the knives are beautiful and I hope to come close with a birdshead grip on the single six.

Three50seven

Buckeye
I see. I've always heard good things about the knives made in Solingen. The values seem to be pretty close to a Marble's too. Anyway, hope you and your Grandkids can continue to enjoy them, since it's hard to find anything made that well anymore!