MY RUGER YOTE & WOLF RIFLE, here in Alaska.... :-)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Skeet 028

Single-Sixer
Nah people in those situations won't eat each other. Not reliable statement...but they will gang up and come take all you have. Domestic dogs do catch things the same way...now what would you do when out hunting when a deer runs by chased by a pack of your neighbors pets? I can tell you I had it happen. They caught the deer within 25 yrs from me. 4 of the 8 dogs didn't go back home...tell me I'm wrong about that...or tell me you would not do the same! I'm pretty certain you've never seen a wolf in the wild. As far as your researcher...makes for a nice story....if you like fantasy...one possibly...a pack? Get real.

shoot to thrill

Single-Sixer
with the massive amount of snow in the sierra mountains reminded me of the donner party where they ate the dead. the soccer team that crashed in the andes lived 4 months eating the dead. how can you make a statement that humans when starved will not resort to cannibalism? in Ukraine in the 30's 5 million were starved to death and ate their kids cause they were the first to die. there is more to learn about wolves from just reading little red riding hood.
go on u tube and search for a man among wolves. his name is shaun ellis lived with a pack of wolves and ate kills with them. this is him. if you like killing domestic dogs that is another story
article-1243709-07D55D11000005DC-419_468x683.jpg

AK375DGR

USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engr's VietNam 69-71---SFi
with the massive amount of snow in the sierra mountains reminded me of the donner party where they ate the dead. the soccer team that crashed in the andes lived 4 months eating the dead. how can you make a statement that humans when starved will not resort to cannibalism? in Ukraine in the 30's 5 million were starved to death and ate their kids cause they were the first to die. there is more to learn about wolves from just reading little red riding hood.
go on u tube and search for a man among wolves. his name is shaun ellis lived with a pack of wolves and ate kills with them. this is him. if you like killing domestic dogs that is another storyView attachment 17752
Ok,,,,, now your REALLY showing your "Ignorance" that ain't NO WOLF in his lap,,,,, that's a Fricken Coyote, You Really are a Piece of-:poop:
Go Figure...... :ninja: and for your Viewing-Pleasure, My NEW Rifle..... see attached.

Attachments

• LJ's Rifle Browning BAR- .30-06.jpg
    LJ's Rifle Browning BAR- .30-06.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

shoot to thrill

Single-Sixer
Ok,,,,, now your REALLY showing your "Ignorance" that ain't NO WOLF in his lap,,,,, that's a Fricken Coyote, You Really are a Piece of-:poop:
Go Figure...... :ninja: and for your Viewing-Pleasure, My NEW Rifle..... see attached.
hey old man calling me a POS? go on u tube search...a man among wolves... and watch it tough guy

hittman

Staff member
Another Timothy Treadwell in the making ….. :ROFLMAO:

Culling the herd has nothing to do with indiscriminate killing for sport. The fact that limits are set by the Alaska State government should tell those paying attention that herds are monitored.

AK375DGR

USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engr's VietNam 69-71---SFi
Another Timothy Treadwell in the making ….. :ROFLMAO:

Culling the herd has nothing to do with indiscriminate killing for sport. The fact that limits are set by the Alaska State government should tell those paying attention that herds are monitored.
AAHHH,,,,, Timmy Treadwell, well,,,,, I could tell you a Story about him, I shared my Pizza with him, at Eddies Fireplace Inn in King Salmon,,,,,, the Night he was waiting to pick-up his Girl Friend @ the King Salmon Air Port,,,,, Mid-Sept. 2003 +/-........ :ninja:

shoot to thrill

Single-Sixer
If you click on "thrill's" image you will see the posts he has made over time. Many are aggressive critical jabs at others with a political bent. I wish hittman would just cull him from the Ruger Forum herd.
air fooled so nobody here makes political statements? so like a karen you had to look up my posts. mind your own business

Air-cooled

Single-Sixer
so to be on the right you must like to slaughter animals? I hunted for 40 years. I am to the right of atilla the hun. I only said I dont understand why a guy gets off on that. I did not insult him tell him he could not do it. you are the arrogant offensive one with your tough guy routine. do you think when I grow up I could be as tough as you are?

APPLES & ORANGES!

Ha, I totally agree with you. There aren't many wolves here, I think it is the Mexican Gray wolf that was introduced, and they are protected. Since I live in AZ, I was just thinking how different things are in AZ compared to AK.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
FYI: Biologists have long known that predators do not reduce prey numbers but that prey numbers limit predators (Since the 1920's when Lotka and Volterra studied the Hudson Bay Company's records going back over 100 years).

Milliers_fourrures_vendues_en_environ_90_ans_odum_1953_en.jpg

When I worked for the Feds, I read the biologists annual census reports for certain areas of Idaho (mostly Area 29, if I remember correctly). He advocated more elk licenses because wolves were being reduced and the elk and deer were overpopulating (Roosevelt showed this when he reduces predators in the Kaibab and deer and elk started a massive die-off from famine and such things a "lumpy jaw" disease). Instead, management advocated REDUCING licenses and killing more predators. State game agencies do not manage herds for health but to make money and serve the "hook and bullet" crowd. There is a reason why we call state wildlife managers "biostitutes"!

BTW: I lived off of elk and deer and wild pig while in college and grad school, so I am definitely NOT (OOOPPSS!!!) against hunting! I have two 'trophy" elk on display at the local Sportsman's Warehouse, as well as two "trophy" wild pigs.

Last edited:
never understood what a grown man gets out of killing that many animals like that. If I thought like that I would just get a job in a slaughter house get paid for it and bring some meat home
you are confused sir...every shot yot. wolf or bear taken out adds to the moose..caribou population for the Alaskans can survive. especially the natives. we say smoke a pack a day!