MY RUGER YOTE & WOLF RIFLE, here in Alaska.... :-)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AK375DGR

USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engr's VietNam 69-71---SFi
Same as above...... :ninja:

Attachments

• LJ's Been Busy in Alaska (2).jpg
    LJ's Been Busy in Alaska (2).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 160
  • LJ's Ruger M77 Hawkeye Predator .223 Rifle_01.jpg
    LJ's Ruger M77 Hawkeye Predator .223 Rifle_01.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 160

AK375DGR

never understood what a grown man gets out of killing that many animals like that. If I thought like that I would just get a job in a slaughter house get paid for it and bring some meat home
Ok then,,,,, and as they say, to each his Own,,,,, and I see you live in NY,,,,, and I'm in Alaska, a WHOLE different World, and Mind-Set, and I do get PAID though,,,,, have you ever Priced a Prime-Wolf Pelt, x Ten....... well, enough said..... :ninja:

TonyKarp

Bearcat
Ok then,,,,, and as they say, to each his Own,,,,, and I see you live in NY,,,,, and I'm in Alaska, a WHOLE different World, and Mind-Set, and I do get PAID though,,,,, have you ever Priced a Prime-Wolf Pelt, x Ten....... well, enough said..... :ninja:
I'm from NY and I understand. You are saving a shiteload of fawns and making a couple of bucks. I get it.

AK375DGR

I'm from NY and I understand. You are saving a shiteload of fawns and making a couple of bucks. I get it.
I put Moose, and Caribou Meat in the Freezer Every year,,,,, so yea, I'll keep doing what I've been doing, and alittle bit more, and I'll leave the "alittle bit more", to your imagination.... :ninja:

Air-cooled

Single-Sixer
I put Moose, and Caribou Meat in the Freezer Every year,,,,, so yea, I'll keep doing what I've been doing, and alittle bit more, and I'll leave the "alittle bit more", to your imagination.... :ninja:
I have to give you a great deal of respect for not coming down on New York "shoot to thrill" harder. His post was offensive, arrogant and inappropriate. Let's just say he's living in the right state to match his attitude, and if he ever moves, you can bet it will be to California.

Last edited:

Sapo

Single-Sixer
Sold a bunch of hides in my youth. No problem with the mass removal of predator species. Keep it up!! I wish I still had the body and the drive to do what you're doing.
Being in sheep country I shoot almost any varmint for the good of the herd. The old-timers here are gone leaving absentee owners who can't/don't/won't spend the time in the woods to keep the population down. Most rely on the USDA/ Govt trapper.

Shoot to thrill.........it's legal and he's in the limit.

Thank you for serving in the USMC.

shoot to thrill

Single-Sixer
I have to give you a great deal of respect for not coming down on New York "shoot to thrill" harder. His post was offensive, arrogant and inappropriate. Let's just say he's living in the right state to match his attitude, and if he ever moves, you can bet it will be to California.
so to be on the right you must like to slaughter animals? I hunted for 40 years. I am to the right of atilla the hun. I only said I dont understand why a guy gets off on that. I did not insult him tell him he could not do it. you are the arrogant offensive one with your tough guy routine. do you think when I grow up I could be as tough as you are?

shoot to thrill

Single-Sixer
Sold a bunch of hides in my youth. No problem with the mass removal of predator species. Keep it up!! I wish I still had the body and the drive to do what you're doing.
Being in sheep country I shoot almost any varmint for the good of the herd. The old-timers here are gone leaving absentee owners who can't/don't/won't spend the time in the woods to keep the population down. Most rely on the USDA/ Govt trapper.

Shoot to thrill.........it's legal and he's in the limit.

Thank you for serving in the USMC.
man thinking he can control nature by eliminating a natural predator is silly. it only makes it worse. no different then climate change fanatics who think they can control the weather. I never said he could not do it just dont understand how a guy would get pleasure out of it. a wolf is so close to a dog is why unless attacked I would not shoot one.

Skeet 028

Single-Sixer
Being in Wyoming I can say living with wolves isn't as much fun as the libs think it is. East and west coast libs gave us the wolves we have(not natives)... And they have spread everywhere. Having cattle on our place we really don't need wolves. I live in an area that is called a predator area for wolves. I've had as many as 6 wolves in our yard at one time. WE DON'T NEED THEM! The real native wolves we had are pretty much gone now...killed by the introduced wolves. We also don't NEED the grizzles that were "reintroduced". Having lived in Alaska also in the past...I will say anyone who hasn't lived there doesn't understand the reasons that Alaska makes the hunting of wolves AND grizzlies legal. As far as someone who lives anywhere else making remarks about someone hunting legally in their state is something like NYC residents deciding that the people of my area NEED to live with non native wolves. But like them we have plenty 2 legged predators...we don't need more 4 legged ones.

Sapo

Single-Sixer
man thinking he can control nature by eliminating a natural predator is silly. it only makes it worse. no different then climate change fanatics who think they can control the weather. I never said he could not do it just dont understand how a guy would get pleasure out of it. a wolf is so close to a dog is why unless attacked I would not shoot one.
The taking of hides is nothing new. I saw no indication of pleasure taken in the original post unless one would deduce pleasure from a picture posted. What I see is a payday for a remote lifestyle. Should a government trapper be viewed in the same way? He is paid to reduce populations, save livestock and wildlife. If he had 10 hogs hanging would you still feel the same.

The Norseman

Blackhawk
It is Calving Season now. Here in SD and seen
a lot of new baby calves driving through WY
this weekend.

For those ignorant of Ranching/Farming, calving
is where the mother cow gives birth to a defenseless
baby calf out in the grass land. They are checked
on pretty regularly.

Also this is the time we are well armed and prepared
to take out any predators that are on the approach
to attack calves.

Silence is king.

David Lee Valdina

Single-Sixer
It is sad when a person jumps into a thread only to rain on someone's parade. "shoot to thrill" simply could have started his own post instead of posting here. And being at a place like this you have to realize that many of us like to shoot and hunt. So I would suggest to "shoot to thrill" to take a lesson from these many posts, mind your manners, respect others here and when you post, do it in a positive way that contributes something enjoyable and of value.

To AK375DGR, Semper Fi.

Skeet 028

Single-Sixer
I'm going to address one part of your post...wolves are somewhat close to dogs in appearence.but nothing like your lab or Corgi.. You ever seen them make a kill? I doubt you have...I've seen it more than a few times. They bring an animal down and quite often start eating it while still alive...ripping it apart. The average person or sports person is generally a little sick when they get their first dose of that. Oh and they don't always kill the sick lame animals first either contrary to what animal rights people would have you believe. They take what is available.. No, wolves are nothing like little ankle biter in the recliner. And if you've never seen a 150 to 250 pound wolf...eyeing your paycheck then you should not even think you would hold the moral ground in such a discussion. The ranchers paycheck is his Cow horse sheep...or maybe even sizing ole ankle biter up for din din. Even yotes kill a person every now and then. Wolves kill coyotes too...

shoot to thrill

Single-Sixer
I'm going to address one part of your post...wolves are somewhat close to dogs in appearence.but nothing like your lab or Corgi.. You ever seen them make a kill? I doubt you have...I've seen it more than a few times. They bring an animal down and quite often start eating it while still alive...ripping it apart. The average person or sports person is generally a little sick when they get their first dose of that. Oh and they don't always kill the sick lame animals first either contrary to what animal rights people would have you believe. They take what is available.. No, wolves are nothing like little ankle biter in the recliner. And if you've never seen a 150 to 250 pound wolf...eyeing your paycheck then you should not even think you would hold the moral ground in such a discussion. The ranchers paycheck is his Cow horse sheep...or maybe even sizing ole ankle biter up for din din. Even yotes kill a person every now and then. Wolves kill coyotes too...
domestic dogs left in the wild will kill exactly like wolves. a researcher was doing a piece on wolves rented a little house way in the woods. seen the wolves watching him. he pissed on trees around his house marking it out. the wolves smelled the trees. within 8 months he had wolves sitting on his porch he was sitting holding a wolf pup and the mother was licking his face. predators attack when starving. humans put in a no food situation for months will attack and eat each other