My Ruger Rimfires...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cwo4uscgret

Bearcat
I have three rimfire Rugers; a basic 10/22, a Single 6 Convertable, and a Race Gun. I traded several guns on one day for the Race Gun and the PSL. I haven't shot the USST Race Gun yet - tomorrow I go in for knee replacement surgery so it will be a while.

Ruger_Single_Six.jpg

Single Six Convertable package, paid $375; advertised in the local paper

ruger_10_22.jpg

Dunham's "I had a store credit" 10/22

ruger_psl.jpg

Ruger USST Race Gun and Romanian PSL

I also have a Mini-14, Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum, and a Blackhawk .357 Magnum[/img]

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
Nice looking guns,, but by all means,, we do hope your surgery goes smoothly & you recover quickly Chief!

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
Nice guns you got there. (insert "thumbup" here)

The problem with Ruger rimfires is they're addictive. Between my wife and I we've got ten of them I think.

May the Lord be with you as you undergo surgery. May His hands guide the hands of the medical team, to do His will.

In Jesus' name we pray.

amen.

BTW. My wife has had both of her knees replaced. She said it's the best thing she ever did. Even better than marrying me. :)

DO YOUR PT. She had to learn that the hard way.

I've heard the worse part about those type surgeries is they don't let you lay around and re-cooperated in the good old fashion normal way anymore. But a day or so after some mean hairy nurse has you up and moving about doing exercises designed by a sadist.

Nice race gun.

cwo4uscgret

Bearcat
blume357 - where Physical Therapists are involved in my case I refer to them, lovingly of course and to their face, Physical Terrorists!

My surgery was scheduled to start at 1030 and last 1 hour and 22 minutes - pretty precise eh? Unfortunately the drug cocktail they gave me (Xanax and Dilaudid) wore off before they were done! I had a spinal so I wasn't feeling any pain below the waist however...I remember the doctor using what he calls an impactor - basically a pneumatic rubber mallet used to hammer the new knee joint into the femur and tibia. Think of it as a jackhammer. He also said I was talking but wasa more jibberish then talk.

The therapist came to see me in my room about 15 minutes after I got there from the recovery room. Surgery 1030, in room at 1400. She said she'd be back in 30 minutes to get me for my first walk. Twenty minuts (not 30) and we're off for a walk to the "Patient Activity Room" aka Therapist's Chamber of Horrors! After a successful 75' walk I said to the very pretty blond therapist, Dana, I was ready to go back to the room..She said - No, you need to do PT first! So basically 4 hours after surgery I did a full PT Session. Thank you pain pump!