My Ruger LCP mods

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hurst01

Bearcat
I don't know how many here actually own the LCP but I have one. It was new, never been shot. I sold a bunch of guns to my Brother-in-Law and he apparently took all my .380 ammo. All I had was what I had in the LCP so I hadn't shot it yet. I went to the gun range with my Son and had it in my bag.
The little friggin thing was awful to shoot. The trigger was very long and hard to pull. By the time it fired I was worn out so I decided to do something about it. I found a Veteran owned site called MCarbo. I found all kinds of mods on there for the LCP. I purchased the FLAT TRIGGER SHORT STROKE mod, a SPRING KIT, a MAGAZINE RELEASE SPRING and some Magazine extensions and a heavy duty take-down pin. It took me a couple of hours to install everything.
MAN, what a difference! The trigger pull was reduced from about 7.1 pounds to around 4. The flat trigger mod reduced the EXTREMELY LONG trigger take-up to a very short stroke and quick snap. The Magazine release spring really improved retention so as to avoid accidental mag release. The 13/16" mag extensions actually gave me a decent hand-hold on the grip.
Speaking of grip, I installed a new HOGUE BEAVERTAIL hand-grip. I can't tell you what a difference it made in the gun.
For everything, I think it cost me a little over $60 or so, but it is a totally different gun now. He also gave me a Military discount. All the mods were well worth it.
If you like to carry your LCP I highly recommend this, it makes the gun much more functional and you might be able to hit something with it. That price didn't include the Mag extensions because I bought them on ebay. Had I to do it over again I would have got the 1" mag extensions instead of the 13/16". It still is the same gun appearance-wise except for a much better and more comfortable feel because of the HOGUE grips, which was very easy to install, and I didn't include the $14 price for them in the above price either. Mcarbo even has an installation video, which I found very helpful.