My Ruger Blackhawk needs a friend

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RMHoward

Single-Sixer
Thanks again for all the welcomes. Wife and I went to the range today and had a great time. Shot my blackhawk and XD subcompact 9. Talk about a contrast. My wife shot her little Glock 26. Got to compare the xd directly to Glock and i must say the XD is more accurate for me. Whoops this is a Ruger forum, sorry. Went through about 200 rounds in about an hour or less. I think this is gonna be an expensive hobby. Being the clean freak i am, had to rush home and spend 2 hours cleaning guns. Just ordered a IWB Don Hume holster for my little XD. Did i mention this is an expensive hobby. Thanks
Rick

sebtool

Blackhawk
OK, I'm starting to get a complex here.... :( Nobody else seems to have my particular affliction....

I agree that one of the best SA/Lever gun combos is a .357 and a 30/30, you gots to have at least 1 of each!

But what about us poor schmucks with the Single Six convertibles? :? I had to find a nice old Marlin 39A - took awhile, but it was worth it! But couldn't rest till almost 4 yrs later when I finally :!: picked up a Marlin 1894C in .22 mag to make the set worth while. Investments, you know - much more stable than Wall Street :wink: Just kind of stumbled on it, but hey - even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile! Still need to find an elevator for the rear sight tho - any ideas where to find 1?

NOW - seeing as some dummy :oops: traded off his last 30-30 awhile back (still got the Winchester 88 in .308 tho- does that count?) a 336 is the next 'victim', and then, it's time for the crown jewel - :D a .41 mag to go along with my early NM Blackhawk, the sweetest shootin' pistol I own! :D Now where's that doggone winning lottery ticket at.... :shock:

(No, dear, we can't afford a new dish washer yet - maybe for Christmas, of course I'll fix it again... :wink: )

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
I love lever guns. In the woods hunting (100 yards and less) they are functionally superior to other designs IMHO. A Marlin 1894c in 357 would be really sweet. But there's not a thing wrong with a good 30-30. The problems with matching calibers is you probably buy a 44 mag or 45 Colt and then you'll want another lever gun.

drjjpdc

Bearcat
Hey RM yes this is an expensive hobby. Seems like everyone on this site has way more firepower than me (Oh well, I'm just starting shooting again). But try having 3 expensive hobbies like me (guns, photography and audio) and juggling the daddy budget for new aquisitions! Plus I've been married over 30 years, so my wife knows all my stories. If I have to start being totally honest, I am gonna have to give up one of my hobbies. Thank God I only have a 2 car garage and no real funds for classic cars!!!