My Randall knives

Help Support Ruger Forum:

20220619_155620.jpg

KIR

Sparks, NV
All well and good, but I don't favor handles with such smooth grips. Too easy when hand is wet/bloodied to lose your grip on such a knife. Other than that, they are nice to look at. Excuse my ignorance, but are these knives for carrying out in the woods or cutlery knives in the kitchen?

All well and good, but I don't favor handles with such smooth grips. Too easy when hand is wet/bloodied to lose your grip on such a knife. Other than that, they are nice to look at. Excuse my ignorance, but are these knives for carrying out in the woods or cutlery knives in the kitchen?
I just collect and by the way I've never had a blooded hand and that's even after spending 4 years in the U S Army in the 60's. But I do agree, they would probably be slippery.

Last edited:
Reactions: KIR

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
I have to admit , those are some very nice knives.
I do have to ask though.
Does anyone actually use these or do they just buy them and put them in a collection ?
I have never seen anyone actually using them.
Every time someone post a picture of them , they are in brand new , never used condition.

I have a few Randall knives. I use them. Well, I haven't used one of them yet, but not for any particular reason. I don't know if Randall knives appreciate the way guns do. I do think they don't really cost so much that they are beyond use.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
I do think they don't really cost so much that they are beyond use.
Really ?
I have never seen one less than $400 . Some go for well over $1000. Well over.
I can buy a lot of very good knives for that kind of money that work just as good.

I am not bashing Randall knives or anyone who buys them.
They are very nice knives.
I understand the collector part. People collect all kinds of things.
Just not the actual using part for that kind of money.
Everyone I know that has them doesn't even want them touched for fear a spot or fingerprint might be left on them , let alone actually cut something with them.
I am sure if I had one , I wouldn't use it either.

I understand collecting.
I have been collecting pump .22's for well over 50 years.
Mainly Remingtons , but I have shot every one of them.

Last edited:
With the exception of one all my Randalls are using knives. I bought this one for nostalgia. I wanted one in the 70's but they weren't obtainable. So I ended up with a USAF Pilots Survival Knife which worked just as well.

vWS5Tgm.jpg

My current EDC.
vcNeyiL.jpg

I only have one complaint about Randalls. The sheaths suck.
I'm curious as to why you think the sheath sucks. I have many knives and most of the fixed blades have kydex sheaths which I prefer. I don't think Randall ships any with kydex. I find that the Randall sheaths to be best high quality, best built leather sheaths that can be had.
20220622_082415.jpg

Really ?
I have never seen one less than $400 . Some go for well over $1000. Well over.
I can buy a lot of very good knives for that kind of money that work just as good.

I am not bashing Randall knives or anyone who buys them.
They are very nice knives.
Yes, I agree with you. But I guess I think of collecting something for the money. And while Randall knives are expensive, I don't think they appreciate in value the way something else would.

That's the point I was trying to make and my reason for using them.

Perhaps I don't understand why people collect various things. I always thought it was for the money.

On every Randall I have if you do not use the paracord to lace the handle to the belt loop the knife handle flops out and catches on stuff. I also do not like the mandatory sharpening stone pouch. I have sheaths from custom makers that don't flop. The belt loop is simply not stiff enough to support the weight of the knife handle.

On every Randall I have if you do not use the paracord to lace the handle to the belt loop the knife handle flops out and catches on stuff. I also do not like the mandatory sharpening stone pouch. I have sheaths from custom makers that don't flop. The belt loop is simply not stiff enough to support the weight of the knife handle.
I wasn't aware of the shortcomings you mentioned. The fact is I've never carried them.