My Peach Cobbler

Help Support Ruger Forum:

callshot

Blackhawk
This first picture is what I use as a stove top. It's a disk blade and it shows the legs that are part of a conveyor chain from a potato harvester.
dsc04175.jpg

Here you can see it with the legs attached.
dsc04176.jpg

This is a homemade charcoal starter.
dsc04178.jpg

Poor boy lid lifting attachment.
dsc04180.jpg

I copied sixshot's idea of charcoal below and above the dutch oven. I also used sixshot's recipe along with his supervision.
dsc04181.jpg

As you can see, you can't ruin anything in a dutch oven!
dsc04182.jpg

This plate was for my wife. Her second bowl looked almost identical to this one! The bowl that sixshot had was also identical to this one. It didn't last a few hours before it was completely eliminated. (I would have taken a picture of sixshot eating his, but my camera doesn't have a wide angle lens) :lol:

I'm having trouble keeping up with everything sixshot wants me to do - shooting, casting bullets and now cooking?! That's what great friends are for.
dsc04183.jpg

COR

Blackhawk
I wonder if the badgers smell the cobbler and know it's ok to venture out...

damn I gotta try that recipe. I can almost smell it.

mt

Single-Sixer
If you mess up and bring that disc to Texas, we could lay it on some coals and cook up a mess of fajita's with onions and some tortilla's. Add some cold beverages and anyone left standing could make dessert. :D

mt

sixshot

Buckeye
Callshots (cantshoot) first venture into the dutch oven world was a rousing success, I would have eaten more but its hard to swallow when someone has a choke hold on you! :wink: He did good with very little help from me, now its just practice, practice, practice........and share. :lol:

Dick

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
As an old farm boy, I appreciate your efforts to keep those old farm implements in use. Looks good, so did the cobbler. Thanks for sharing.

Dana

contender

Ruger Guru
Y'all keep this up & I'm gonna become a neighbor to y'all. Of course,, I'll have to spend a lot of time hiking around that neighborhood to keep the weight down. So,, a bit of continual hunting should do the trick.
Callshot,,,, ya done good!

callshot

Blackhawk
I just made another one. I have some fresh peaches that needed to be used. It rained for about 5 minutes. Just enough to frustrate me some. The cobbler turned out just the same as the other one, so I won't post any pictures. One of the neighbors came by to check things out. I gave him a bowl full with ice cream. He ate it and left $5.00 and a big thank you. His wife passed on a year ago, and he hadn't had anything like that for a long time. I guess that I am not an amateur any longer. I hate jumping to the professional level this soon. I really hate to pass Sixshot up at something that is his specialty, since I know that if he shoots at me, he will most likely do me in. I don't mind being dead, I just don't want him to have the last word and any bragging rights about shooting bears, badgers and ME.