My old 44 ft, un-fired

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oldies

Single-Sixer
Have had this old girl for about 20 years. When I get the urge to shoot this one
I take a cold shower. 18,000 range, maybe '59.

contender

Ruger Guru
A NICE OM 44!
And, if you are shooting the one above, do I read it right that it's a 44 also? If so, that one looks cut down, and a nice plum one too! If a cut down,,, I'd shoot that one & keep the other one pristine!

oldies

Single-Sixer
Thanks all. Yes, the shortie is an old cut down, flat topped Super .44 mag with fluted
cylinder and XR3 red grip frame. Grips come from a new production Blackhawk and
wear black eagle medallions with blued screw hardware. Don't mostly push the payload
of the cartridge with this gun because, like with my .45 3 screw, it tends to put new
creases in my hat. Would probably up the ante in some of the North West states.

oldies said:
Have had this old girl for about 20 years. When I get the urge to shoot this one
I take a cold shower. 18,000 range, maybe '59.
A cold shower is all that it takes? I would have to put it under many locks. As in a bank deposit box! Nice looking gun!
gramps

oldies

Single-Sixer
Much appreciated. I have a few Rugers that are close enough in caliber and design that I'm ok with just
handling and admiring this one.

hdxr750

Single-Sixer
oldies said:
This is the one I shoot along with a S&W 29-2 4"

I have that same .44 Flat Top # 29778. If I remember it was a 1960 or 61 vintage. My question to you is this, How does the gun react to shooting since it was cut down? Reason I'm asking I've had another barrel I'm considering cutting it same as yours. I can perform all work the it takes. I just have a hard time cutting that extra barrel. But I'd still have the option of returning it to the way it came.

Latest posts