My NIB P89DAO

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cathellsk

Bearcat
Found this on Auction Arms. The description made it sound slightly used but it turned out to be new in box unfired, not a scratch on it.:)

Pics while I was at the range today.

004140.JPG

006125.JPG

005133.JPG

008117.JPG

007134.JPG

The other toys gettin' broken in today, Gen4 G17 and 22.

009118.JPG

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
What's the trigger pull like in comparison to the SA and DA pull on the P89 and other P's? Is it as heavy as the DA on most Ruger P's or? Nice find.

Oh, I forgot, can I have it? :D

cathellsk

Bearcat
Trigger feels the same as the DA on the other models, heavy and long. They smooth up some as the ones we use at work have alot nicer pull from use.

cathellsk

Bearcat
wixedmords":kfb11dvf said:
Great find. ;)

Yes, it was. I had given up hope of finding a NIB one again. I had one, made in '96, that I bought new in '06. My dealer got it in from a distributer that sent it with a Ruger order they placed (buy so many, get one free type of deal). Don't know where it had been laying around but it was also NIB, like the above one. Only thing off was both were shipped with two 15rd. mags and not 10rd. mags like the date of manufacture denotes they should have had. Which leads me to believe they were at the factory seating around and someone decided to offload them and placed current legal mags with them on the way out the door. This new one must have been like it, only made in '95.
When I opened the box at the dealer I thought, "OK, looks slightly used, but not bad", closed it up and took it home. Later that evening I got it out and field stripped it to clean when I noticed all the factory grease inside just like my other one. The "spots" in the finish described in the auction were nothing more than dried grease spots, which cleaned off no problem. Needless to say my jaw dropped when I realized it was unfired and spotless. Finally....this squirrel got a nut!

roylt

Hunter
Hey Cathellsk,
I am new to the P89 and am looking for a DAO. You tired of it yet?

Also if you don't mind me asking what did you give for it? PM me.

I currently have:
KP89DC & P89DC

Any info you have gathered on the DAO would be appreciated too. Looking to learn.

Thanks,