My newest favorite trail rig

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ClintV

Single-Sixer
I thought I had it all figured out, but every time I fool around and try something new, I wind up finding something I like better'n what I had before. So I tried some new leather, and this is what I came up with...
Clintsstuff001.jpg

Ruger .41 mag, Rick Dumas Camp knife, 5 rounds of Remington's finest
Clintsstuff002.jpg

I dunno about you, but there is just something about blued steel, stag, and genuine leather that really gets my attention. 8)

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
Nothing like a good piece of hickory . . . . I mean stag :)

Love those stags and great looking knife. I like the lanyard stud on the grip frame. I'm going to have to set one of mine up with a lanyard stud. Nice matching leather too.

ClintV

Single-Sixer
Thanks, the cartridge slide was probably the most work. I've made several holsters and dozens of sheaths so I had them pretty well figured out, but the slide was a "learn as you go" experiance.

ClintV

Single-Sixer
Dan,
I hand stitch everything. A machine would be nice, but I'm too cheap.
Here's a sample of some of the other holsters I've crafted for my Rugers. They are a little fancier, more tooling and such, but for this rig I wanted something simple and secure to chase pigs with in the swamps along the Kissimee River.
Clintsstuff007.jpg

Rainman

Blackhawk
ClintV-
Those are really nice. I make a few as well and I can appreciate your evenly spaced stitches. From the photos, no one can tell they weren't done on a machine.

If I'm doing a welt and lining, I ususlly borrow a friend's machine but for a simple holster, I use a hand stitcher. It's making the back stitch come out pretty where I have problems.

Your stamping and edging came out nice also.

Dan

#1rugerman

Single-Sixer
Nice work! Suggestion- leather bullet loops and brass cases don't mix, either keep the brass out until you plan to use them or get some nickel cases. Its amazing how fast they grow green funk if left in leather.

Knuckles

Buckeye
How come I don't have a trail rig?... does everybody else have one? :(

I want a trail rig...

... "lucky!"