My new website trial run...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I got my new website up and running. It is far from done, but it does function.
Due to a bit of bait and switch with wix.com, (which I am NOT happy about), It will be a few more day's until I can attach my domain name to the site.
It is however, secure, and I have even connected some of my products to the site.
Most of the menu links function, except for the "prints/posters", and "coming soon", options... The coming soon, is the leather and field gear...
There is a "ruger forum" page only.... you need the password to access it, and it will be stuff just intended for the members here...
The password is (replace the stars with the correct letters of course).... "r**eagle"
Which any ruger aficionado will know the correct letters...
Give it a look over. I will be continuing to work on it over the weekend.. and beyond
If you'd practice with the shopping cart to test it out, I'd appreciate the feedback. It is a secure site so if you'd like to order, you should be able too.

One question I do have.... Even if the price would basically be the same.. would you rather see the shipping included in the price?? Or listed after, in the shopping cart... I can change it depending on all the feedback I get... (please note that the mugs, Tee's, hoodies etc, are printed and sent by a "print on demand" company, and I have very little to do with the shipping cost as they print and ship the product... All I can do is change how it is displayed....

The site: https://dillfarmer.wixsite.com/buckskinzgear/home

Thanks for the help y'all....

Ride1949

Blackhawk
Not a bad start. I'd move the sign in and cart below the products on the home page though. At first glance it looks like you have to be a member to view the merchandise. A little tweaking and it should work. Good luck with your new venture.

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I'm not a big fan of the cart and sign-in options I am given, by wix.... I just pushed them off to the side, because I wanted them out of the way, while I was fighting other battles! I don't really care for the link buttons either... I am in the process of building my own, which are much prettier!!

g5m

Single-Sixer
Congratulations! It looks like a good site and good goods! (I am no computer guru so I don't have any technical comment to make. It looks like it will work, though).
All the best to you!

If the shipping charges are basically going to be the same for the type of merchandise (one fee for tee shirts, maybe a bit different for mugs, etc.) and the same for no matter where it is shipped, I would build that into the price. If the shipping price depends on the merchandise AND where it is being shipped to, then have the shipping charge show up either in the cart or during check out. You could also (little more work maybe) set the shipping at a fixed price and take the hit if a little more and make it up if it ships for less.

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
There are (so far), 4 different companies I that will be printing and shipping the items I have so far.... I have tried to choose them based on being, based in the U.S.
While I can not vouch for where the clothing and mugs are actually manufactured... (although I can guess)...
The shipping from each company is a bit different, but not difficult to change the price to reflect, (free), shipping... It really doesn't matter to me which way it is. I just want it to be as easy and appealing as possible.
As for the font on the front page... I toned it down from what it was originally, but I suppose I'll just make it flat type... although I may try a border....
I appreciate the input, and I'll consider all comments.
I should be ready with the domain in a few day's...
I'm still working on designs, and would like to use part of whatever proceeds to benefit vets....
There is still a lot of work to do getting the site noticed.. which I am sure will be a full time job...
I spent the day working on some idea's... Here are a few, that I think I will work on and refine.. I gotta say... learning this new software is really kind of fun!.. My brain being used for something different for a change...

Attachments

• RWB_patriot_mug_1.jpeg
    RWB_patriot_mug_1.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 15
  • ultra_maga_flag_mug_1.jpeg
    ultra_maga_flag_mug_1.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 15
I'd break out the shipping options if the shippers can accommodate that. As an example of my hatred of the US Postal Service I won't order anything from anybody that will not let me specify either UPS or FedEx, and depending how bad I want/need it it's nice to be able to select the service.
I see you're showing Optics Planet as an affiliate, not sure that is the best company to associate with....pretty shaky reputation.

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I changed the fonts on most of the page....
I unfortunately do not have any control over how these companies ship. So I can't offer than option... What I can tell you is this. So far.... all the samples I have ordered have been sent ups.... Here where I live UPS transfers my packages over to USPS because I generally get things sent to my P.O. box... (I have no address on the road system, other than friends houses)...
I have had good sucess with optics planet... If anyone has had an item I was looking for "in stock", it was them... Midway is almost always out of stock, on the items I use and post reviews on... If they don't have the item, the review is worthless to me...My only complaint with OPlanet so far is that their shipping can be high... This is because I live in Alaska, and I never get, "FREE", shipping.. except with Amazon....
I want to get affiliated with Brownell's, but I need to order tools and such first to review... So far all the gun accessories I have tried to order from them have also been "out of stock....."
Thanks again y'all, for all the input...

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I added a "warranty/contact", info block, on all the shopping pages....
Yesterday I received a bunch of sample mugs for review, and they all passed the test.
I added a "special", mug to the ruger forum page... with a really "cheap/shipping included" price. If anyone would care to take a look at the site and give me your impressions, I would appreciate that.
There is still a delay on claiming my domain, as all of the regulations and policies that my credit union, and wix have, have combined into a perfect storm of chest deep muck for me to wade through.
I'm thinking of adding a small, short video to my home page. Much like the add, here on the forum, to introduce myself. Maybe add a bit of credibility I guess.. lemmi know on that as well. I don't want it to get cluttered....
Since it is raining... (has been for a month and a half)... I can get a lot of work done online... but little else)...
Thanks for the input.. I have less than 30 day's before I head home for the winter.. and all of this heavy duty internet work, will have to be done by then...
ciao y'all

password to the "ruger" page... redeagle

The new web page is here.... https://dillfarmer.wixsite.com/buckskinzgear/home

Attachments

• reubens_butt.jpeg
    reubens_butt.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 17
  • saved_bill_mug 1.jpg
    saved_bill_mug 1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 20