My New to me SR45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Guy's/Gal's

I purchased a P95 not to long ago and Love that Pistol so much I have been on a look out for a P90 or P345. Anyway I walked into the LGS yesterday nosing and decided that I was going to purchase the SR45 that he had on the shelf. I had a SR9 way back when they were new and sold it. I have not even looked at the SR series since because of the LCI. I just hate them.

I liked that P95 so much that I thought I would give the SR45 another go. I purchased it and immediately removed the LCI and Magazine disconnect. Since no one seems to have the LCI Plug ( if anyone sells the LCI plug please let me know where I can purchase one) , I just took the original one out and sanded the lettering of and ground the nob off the bottom where it makes contact with the casing. It even gives me a hole to see the casing if I want.

Anyway here she is I have her fixed up the way I want now and I think I will enjoy her. I have gotten rid of all my M&P's and think my next purchase will be a Ruger American Compact in 9mm.

I do Love Ruger's and only own Ruger Revolvers and Pistols now. If Ruger would ever make Lever Action Rifles (the Classic Style) I would have a bunch of their rifles also. But as it is now Henry Marlin and Rossi will have to do for that.

I had to edit this thread because I forgot to mention. I do not want to get the whole LCI thing started over again. It is a personnel thing and I hate them. So explaining you're point on the LCI will not help. I have read all the arguments over the years. I just will not have one with an active LCI. This pistol was there and the price was right plus I had decided to get rid of my M&P's and go all Ruger. Even picked up the LCP II. I would have never had the M&P's if it weren't for Ruger telling me that they were not going to bring the American out with a safety. So I bought M&P's and two weeks later they announce the American with a safety. Go Figure :) aggravating.

James

Bearcat
Congratulations on your new SR45, beautiful weapon. I have the SR40 and love it, i am sure you will enjoy the new gun. I also have gone mostly Ruger with a couple of their revolvers, a SR1911 45acp an SR40 S&W and a Ruger American in 45acp.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
PotShot,

Sometimes I forget that people do not know all the sling on the forums. Yes the LCI is abbreviated for loaded chamber indicator.

Second Welcome to the Forum.

Potshot

Bearcat
OK, thanks. Well the loaded chamber indicator is kind of superflous and it's big compared to some other
guns I have. Most of them have small round peg that sticks up. Probably for legal reasons they put it on
the gun.

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
I looked at the SR45's but the price was never right--considering they had the same MSRP as the 9 and 40 models--they were always priced $70 higher in the store.

Looked over a 45 American a while back ---thinking I might have to try one out---maybe.

Got rid of all my S&W's too----I really hate the revolver lock and M&P's just aren't any good---did pick up a Glock 10mm recently though.

Latest posts