My new to me Red Label a question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Brother_Love

Single-Sixer
I have acquired a Ruger Red label 12 ga and I am tickled to death to get it. Question, the choke tubes extend past the end of the barrel is that normal.BTW, mine was made in 1991.
Thank you

TBear77

Single-Sixer
The choke tubes supplied with Red Label shotguns were flush, your's sound like aftermarket extended chokes. During the 1991 era there were 2 different choke types, the original Win-choke types (which will be indicated by a SIC suffix on the box end label or Ruger Letter), and the subsequent Briley type (which will be indicated by SC suffix on the box end label or Ruger Letter). However, during the transition period (approximately 1988-to-1994) there were many different variations, not all of them were noted in RENE collectors Guide. So...with Ruger, never say never.

So check the chokes for any markings that indicate a manufacturers name, check the box end marking, and get a letter from Ruger records.

Ted

338reddog

Single-Sixer
As I remember and that is iffy. Mine protruded maybe 1/16 above the barrel. This was some time ago so things are slightly fuzzy.
Jeff

Latest posts