My new SR9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1911master

Bearcat
If this has been covered, forgive me, since I am new here. I traded for a SR9 on 01.26.2010 because I have been wanting one since they came out. I had heard all the stories of the bad trigger pull and have to admit when I dry fired the pistol I was sure these stories were correct. Took it to the range on 01.27.2010 and have to say I am impressed. I shot around 200 rounds and the only problem I had was with one mag, which I think just needs to be taken apart and cleaned. This pistol fits my hand, shoots where I look and works. I am VERY pleased. Now I want the SR9c. Jim

jhearne

Buckeye
Glad your liking it, what was the trouble with the one magazine? If you want to smooth up the trigger some, you might consider the stickied post near the top of this forum. I posted up details on field stripping to detailed stripping the SR9, also covered breaking down the mags and some polishing.

Josh

1911master

Bearcat
Josh, yes i saw your post and printed the info out. I thank you for the info. this weekend i hope to polish the internal parts. The problem I was having with the one mag was the follower letting the rounds not feed a quick tap would move the follower so I will work on them tonite. Thanks again for the great post on breaking down the SR9. Jim

jhearne

Buckeye
Your welcome Jim, that sounds like a cleaning issue, and they can become pretty dirty over time. Good luck on the polishing, if you have any issues feel free to PM or email me.

Josh