My New SR 556

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rolan_Kraps

Bearcat
I sold my Rock River and another gun to buy my new Ruger SR 556.

I've only shot it at 25 yards to sight it in for the Ladies League that I run tonight. Boy, it's a shooter. I shot a 5 shot group at 25 yards and you could cover it with a quarter!

Ruger SR 556
RugerAR15001.jpg

RugerAR15003.jpg

RugerAR15004.jpg

redsouthpaw

Bearcat
I picked mine up yesterday. I can't wait to send some rounds down range. Unfortunately I won't have another day off until next Tuesday so it will be collecting dust until then.
Great pictures BTW, I like the hide. I think I need to start taking more pictures with my deer hide.

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
Glad you got one. Taking mine out again tomorrow. How you liking it compared to your RR ? RR makes a good DI AR.

45acp2go

Bearcat
:D I just put 200 rounds through mine. Without a doubt one of the best AR's I have ever shot. The sights were right on at 100 meters without adjustment. The recoil is about 1/2 of what my DPMS is (not that thats a big deal). After 200 rounds you could do a white glove inspection on the bolt and not have a spec of dirt on them.

The barrel also stays cooler after shooting. I am looking forward to trying a good scope and trying it at 200 yds next time out.

9x19

Hunter
I paid $1400 for mine last week... was priced at $1475, but cash motivates some shop owners! :D

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
Nice gun---BUT I really wouldn't call it a shooter until you can get groups like that at least 100yds---25yds is nothing.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Chivo asked ,Are you guys seeing any signs of carrier tilt? I don't like the looks of that at all .Inad never heard of this until now ,note that I'm not putting down the ruger but I just checked my S&W M&P 15-Tand theres no signs of this at all .Is this a comon problem with piston guns or is it something to do with all AR platfourms?

captainkirk

Blackhawk
cruzerlou":2szjj8vt said:
Chivo asked ,Are you guys seeing any signs of carrier tilt? I don't like the looks of that at all .Inad never heard of this until now ,note that I'm not putting down the ruger but I just checked my S&W M&P 15-Tand theres no signs of this at all .Is this a comon problem with piston guns or is it something to do with all AR platfourms?

Supposedly it is inherent in piston guns. There is much info on AR15.com about it. No signs in my DI gun...

captainkirk

sparks701

Bearcat
9x19":2qde7gwy said:
I paid $1400 for mine last week... was priced at $1475, but cash motivates some shop owners! :D
Thanks for the feed back, thats not a bad price, I gonna have to check my local shop. :D