Help Support Ruger Forum:

carlson1

Bearcat
My newest Gemini Customs:

RugerSP101.jpg

carlson1

Bearcat
Skalkaho Slim":3k9434yr said:
I love that gold bead front. Very nice!!!

That was an after thought from Marc, I think. I just remember the shock of the "bill." :D I have had several, but this one is a keeper.

Flash

Buckeye
I found one of those in a shop for $400 where the clerk didn't know what they had.
It was actually customized by Jack Weigand who Marc used to work for. It even came with Crimson Trace laser grips.
002-16.jpg

carlson1

Bearcat
I paid $425 just for the revolver. I am sworn to secrecy about what I paid for the custom work. I do not want my wife to find any amount posted on the forums. :)

Richbaker

Blackhawk
Did you get the cyl cut for moonclips? I sent my cyl to Marc for that, and I love them! Fastest reloads I've ever done....

carlson1

Bearcat
Richbaker":2cx6w2kt said:
Did you get the cyl cut for moonclips? I sent my cyl to Marc for that, and I love them! Fastest reloads I've ever done....

Yes I did have the cut for the moonclips. I learned some years back how to use and how effective the moonclips could be.

WendyZXZ":2cx6w2kt said:
Very nice. My only question would be how is the muzzle blast with the porting?

I shoot a S&W 340PD regularly and it is NOT ported. The Ruger is a lot easier on the hand with full loads. That is on my other ported Ruger. I have not talked myself into shooting this one . . .yet.

Flash

Buckeye
WendyZXZ":33u0epu6 said:
Very nice. My only question would be how is the muzzle blast with the porting?
I never noticed a difference. No huge ball of flame, no tremendous noise and no.........muzzle jump, at all. :D

Flash

Buckeye
carlson1":xmf9bagl said:
I paid $425 just for the revolver. I am sworn to secrecy about what I paid for the custom work. I do not want my wife to find any amount posted on the forums. :)

And she won't but I know what it costs, that why I jumped on this one.

harrydog

Bearcat
I'm seriously thinking of sending my SP101 to Marc for his basic package but I'm still on the fence about the porting. This gun will sometimes be used for concealed carry and home defense and I just don't know if there are any negatives to porting on a gun used for those purposes. Conventional wisdom says don't do it because of increased noise to the shooter and the potential for hot gases and debris to be a problem in certain self defense situations. Yet everyone who has the Hybra-ported SP101 says that isn't an issue. I still need to be convinced to do it though. I'm close, very close.

SamV

Buckeye
I can't speak about the SP with or without porting. A friend has another model of .357 with porting and I really don't like it. When we shoot in a crappy indoor range, I find it more irritating than non ported. I wouldn't want to shoot it held close to my body. Shooting .38s I don't really notice it. In .357 it seems quite pronounced. I'll stick with my unported .357, but get what you prefer. OTOH, I do have and like one of my long barreled shotguns ported for shooting clays.

ubiqcrew

Bearcat
I love my little sp101. Porting... I had a ported 44mag ONCE. Shooting anything at dawn or dusk that is ported is a bad idea in my book. One shot and the other guy shoots you because you can't see him. Want the keep that gun of yours from jumping up and off the target??? Go to the gym and work out...
Who is Marc?

JC676

Bearcat
How long did it take for Marc to complete the gun and get it back to you? And which finish did you choose?

Thanks,
Jon

Flash

Buckeye
ubiqcrew":2iox3hxi said:
I love my little sp101. Porting... I had a ported 44mag ONCE. Shooting anything at dawn or dusk that is ported is a bad idea in my book. One shot and the other guy shoots you because you can't see him. Want the keep that gun of yours from jumping up and off the target??? Go to the gym and work out...
Who is Marc?
:roll:

harrydog

Bearcat
JC676":1e5ntwr0 said:
How long did it take for Marc to complete the gun and get it back to you? And which finish did you choose?

Thanks,
Jon
He recently quoted me 4 to 6 weeks.

carlson1

Bearcat
ubiqcrew":9p488o5t said:
Who is Marc?
Mar Morganti is the owner of Gemini Customs. Check out there website.

JC676":9p488o5t said:

Thanks,
Jon

I sent it to him in December. The longest wait was for the special grips from Jim Badger. They are longer than normal to fit my large hands.

Latest posts