My new Security Six 2 3/4 stainless.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1911pro

Bearcat
securitysix001.jpg
[/img]
Hello to everyone! This is my new Security Six that I got on gunbroker for $350.00. I have many Ruger pistols, but I think this is my new favorite.

1911pro":1czdmtof said:
Hello to everyone! This is my new Security Six that I got on gunbroker for $350.00. I have many Ruger pistols, but I think this is my new favorite.

Welcome to the Forum!

That Security Six very well should be your favorite. It is a dandy! They're great guns!

WAYNO.

1911pro

Bearcat
Welcome to the Forum!

That Security Six very well should be your favorite. It is a dandy! They're great guns!

WAYNO
.[/quote]

Thanks. I really do love them.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Very nice!

Greta price too for what they seem to be bringing anymore.

I'll play along with the pics too! Still NIB and I do think it's going to get broke in this fall. :mrgreen:

security_six_004.jpg

Pinecone

Blackhawk
1911pro, I have been carrying a 4" stainless steel security-six for over 30 years in the woods wherever I have lived. I can't find any good reason to replace it with a GP-100! It has worked great for me. Why "mess" with something that works! Congrats on a great find...............................Dick :wink:

1911pro

Bearcat
Pinecone":1csoymkj said:
1911pro, I have been carrying a 4" stainless steel security-six for over 30 years in the woods wherever I have lived. I can't find any good reason to replace it with a GP-100! It has worked great for me. Why "mess" with something that works! Congrats on a great find...............................Dick :wink:
Thanks. The 4 inch was carried by my father in his breifcase for years. He worked many late nights during the summer in his machine shop with the garage doors wide open. The pistol made him feel a whole lot better. It was given to me years back when I moved out to make me more secure. I carry a Kahr PM9, Smith M&P9, or my Springfield Professional,but once I get my Milt Sparks PMK and train some with the Security Six I will carry it and a few speed loaders when I feel like a wheel gun.

timalso":3sopd0t6 said:
Wayno,

Did you round the butt on your Security Six or did you purchase it that way?

Tim

I purchased it that way. I always hoped it was one of the rare round-butt Security Sixes. Finally, I checked with Ruger, and found out for sure that it left the factory as a square butt. So...Whoever rounded this one, they did a really nice job.

See ya.
WAYNO.

Bear Paw Jack":924rpuo5 said:
I agree Wayno, who ever did that did a great job. I really like how it looks. I bet Pachmayer speed six grips would fit that now.

And, you're correct. Any Speed Six grips, factory or after market, fit perfectly, including the Pachmayr's you bartered for, as a gift to me.

Thanks!

WAYNO.

Three50seven

Buckeye
I know most of you have seen this pic before......but here's my only Six-series gun so far. I have my eye on a 150-prefix sec. six though :D

102_0107.jpg

Latest posts