my new mark lll

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1coolcat

Bearcat
I accadently posted this in semi auto ..I believe it belongs in rimfire..
.Anyway here is my mark lll hunter. I got the grips from Dr. Frankenruger.com and I love them..I have med. Hands and there very comfortable.. I removed the factory sights, and plugged the hole with filler screw I purchased off of site member.. Thank you, installed hammer bushing, removed LCI and installed filler, added Burris fastfire 3

1coolcat

Bearcat
Almost..I'm going to strip and polish the internals to try and smooth out trigger pull. I'm sure a couple bricks of ammo would do the job. But I want them smooooth to start off

contender

Ruger Guru
Looks like you got the gun you desired. As we mentioned, you were easily able to remove sights etc & give you that lower profile.

1coolcat

Bearcat
Oh..by the way, I've seen long long long threads about what those little dot stickers were all about..Google it if you want a good laugh ..lots of funny comments..I called ruger and asked a tec representative. Unfortunately he was very vague and told me it was just part of quality and inspection peal off the dot ..it should have been removed be fore shipping ..just wanted to add that for inquiring minds

Shooter III

Single-Sixer
Excuse me for being ignorant .... how does that scope mount, I cant tell from your picture, does it have a hidden base plate ?

1coolcat

Bearcat
I love the mount because it is very low profile. I purchased the Burris mark lll mount from midwayusa.com here is the link
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1548119655/burris-fastfire-base-matte
Its easy to install. Not sure if all ruger mark lll rear sights are the same.
Here is how my install went holding the gun as if you were to shoot you will notice on the left of the rear sight there is a small set screw. That screw must be loosened Next I put a few layers of painters tape over the side of the sight to protect it from scratches. Then using a brass punch I drove the sight from the dove tail. The new mount is a two piece unit. One piece slides into the dove tail with finger force be sure to degrees before installation.. I like to use break parts cleaner and Q-tips on threaded holes.. Piece two is like a saddle that straddles the barrel The sight sits on the saddle. Again using break parts cleaner clean the screws apply blue loctite and torque to 12 inch pounds..its very easy..hope it helps

Shooter III

Single-Sixer
1coolcat said:
I love the mount because it is very low profile. I purchased the Burris mark lll mount from midwayusa.com here is the link
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1548119655/burris-fastfire-base-matte
Its easy to install. Not sure if all ruger mark lll rear sights are the same.
Here is how my install went holding the gun as if you were to shoot you will notice on the left of the rear sight there is a small set screw. That screw must be loosened Next I put a few layers of painters tape over the side of the sight to protect it from scratches. Then using a brass punch I drove the sight from the dove tail. The new mount is a two piece unit. One piece slides into the dove tail with finger force be sure to degrees before installation.. I like to use break parts cleaner and Q-tips on threaded holes.. Piece two is like a saddle that straddles the barrel The sight sits on the saddle. Again using break parts cleaner clean the screws apply blue loctite and torque to 12 inch pounds..its very easy..hope it helps
awesome ... I like the low profile and clean look.

1coolcat

Bearcat
Update..
I took my ruger mark lll hunter to the range this weekend. I was shooting 2 1/2" targets at 20 yard. And was easily able to keep all the shots on target. Also had mom modify my holster to allow for the fastfire sight..

1coolcat

Bearcat
I was going to break down and polish all action parts to smooth out trigger pull. After watching various videos On you tube , I've decided I only want to completely disassemble This gun one time. So I ordered theVolquartsen Accurizing Kit Ruger Mark III from midwayusa. One is able to receive a 15$ discount on Tuesday when ordering. When I break down the gun to install these parts I will polish any questionable rough edges...I found the the factory trigger is not to bad but all of my rifles have jewel triggers. And if you have jewel triggers you know everything else is impossible to shoot..

Glad I decided to check this, I tried to put the Fastfire on my MkIII with the rail that came with the pistol.Not happy with how it looked or functioned. Not sure why but I had to use the full adjustment to get it on the target, shot way low with the rail. Thanks for your post, great help for me to make up my mind about putting on the Burris mount.

Dregg

Single-Sixer
Nice set up, I like it.

.......makes me wanna buy another MK II/III