My new knives from the Buck custom shop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
413888059.jpg

Ordered these a few weeks ago, they showed up yesterday. A model 119 "Special" and a 110, cherry wood handles/scales, S30V steel instead of the usual 420 series stainless of Buck's production knives, finger-groove handle and a drop point on the 110 instead of the typical clip point. Aluminum/nickel silver bolsters and guards. My initials etched on the blades. I think these will last me the rest of my days and be something to pass along to the boys.

6mm Remington

Single-Sixer
Very nice knives! Buck does build very nice quality knives.....................here in the USA! I know some are overseas but I won't buy one of those.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Even a plain ol' everyday 110 with nothing else custom but that drop point blade is interesting... not unlike a classic Mora blade, which always seemed one of the more usable all around styles. Very nice pair!

Rick C

BDM1

Single-Sixer
I didn't know they had a custom shop either. I really like those red handles.

caryc

Hawkeye
6GUNSONLY said:
Not directly, I don't think, but they might have come from you originally. The set I had was for an xr3 gripframe. I had them on my 50th anniversary flattop .44.

They could have been mine. I made 4 or 5 pairs of those red dyed grips from different woods, all for the new XR3 grip frame.

Boxhead

Blackhawk
A tour of the Buck factory is a fantastic experience with great deals on "blemished" knives. I did the tour six or seven years ago and took a friend this past winter. They also have a heck of a deal with their SPA offering on your knives.