My new Glock 17 RTF euro model (sorry no Ruger)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

smeck

Bearcat
Here are some pics of my new Glock it is a bit different then the US model the mag release and slide are different.
It is the factory mag release not some aftermarket part.

smeck

Bearcat
The feel of the grip is much better then the 3rd gen frame it sticks to your hand and feels like a mix between a 1st gen frame and 3rd.

The mag release was a surprise to me it is very good you don't have to change your grip as much as with the old one, it's rounded and flat and feels like it should be good for quick mag changes in ipsc and competition use.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Nice. I like the Euro slide compared to the US one. Since when do we need swoopy cut lines on a Glock? Though that's another of those fads that other companies are doing that I just don't "get": Certain guns from Sig, CZ, Kimber all have some weird "pattern" to their cocking serrations. Just what we need.

While I'm not going to run out and get another Glock, the RTF grip does look a lot better than the 3rd Gen. I had a 1st Gen 17 and that was downright comfortable compared to my current 3rd Gen 17L. It seems those 3rd Gen finger grooves aren't in the right place for anybody.

-- Sam

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Not a Glock fan myself but mostly because everyone has (had) one and they just don't fit me as well as others do. That said, I kinda like the curved serrations. They're, well...different. Too prominent but I like 'em. Still...just out of the traditional look, the straight ones look cleaner.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
contray to what i was told I won't be able to carry my Kimber .45 TLE II as my duty weaopn .I can carry anything i want but it must be in .40S&W and since I can't Afford a nother Kimber I'm going to buy a GlockRTF2 because ilike the grip so much better than the standaed Glock M22 that I will be issued .I can get the gun new for $389.00 with my L.E.O. discount and put TRF tro-glo night sights on it for $100.00 instaled and it's still cheaper than the gun at my local shop and I'll just carry the issue glock in a belly band holster for my left hand and My Glock m19 inan ankle holster