My New Buckeyes 32 and 40 Cals.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Well Guys.

Wednesday I posted for advice on a couple of Buckeyes that became available in the Houston area. Since I'm not to up snuff on the limited edition New Models, I asked for and got some very good advice.

Now for the rest of the story.

Since I was in Helena Mt at the time and would be coming back to Norfolk Va until mid Jan. on Thur.

I had no way of seeing these guns or getting a check or Money Order to the seller, who is a Cowboy shooter, who has just moved to Houston so we have not met.

I called my FFL GUY a friend and Cowboy Shooter on Fri. and told him the situation. He said no problem he would get a money order,go look at the guns and pick them up for me if they were as described. Well here they are. I don't get to see them until around mid Jan., along with 3 others he is holding for me.

Now this is a true friend and the kind of FFL guy to know.

Oh yea he charges $15 for other guys transfers.
Jim
1261242041.jpg

1261242039.jpg

1261242037.jpg

1261242035.jpg

1261242034.jpg

1261242032.jpg

The seller does a little reloading :lol:
1261242029.jpg

Allen207

Single-Sixer
I have wanted a set of Buckeyes. Just never enough moeny. Even looks like some nice wood on that one. Nice of your FFL guy to go the extra mile for you.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
A fine pair for sure! Perhaps while you are on the road again, Like Willie Nelson :lol: , Your FFL could find you a fishing dog, like that yellow lab I showed you 8) . That sure was some trout he hunted down and caught, Huh? :wink:

HAWKEYE#28":lww22nxe said:
A fine pair for sure! Perhaps while you are on the road again, Like Willie Nelson :lol: , Your FFL could find you a fishing dog, like that yellow lab I showed you 8) . That sure was some trout he hunted down and caught, Huh? :wink:

Well so far since you sent me that fine article on FISHING LABS.
I HAVE SOLD OFF ABOUT 20 OF MY RUGERS. :( I figured it would be cheaper to find and feed a good fishing dog than for me to try and catch big TROUT. After checking the fishing dogs for sale. I have found out they are not cheap. Might have to sell a few more Rugers thanks to you :roll:
Take care Pard,
Jim

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Well, Jim, you are farther down the stream than I. Once, a man told me he had a talking black lab for sale..........I stopped at his home while he was away and saw the dog in the yard. I walked over to the dog and he immediately greeted me and told me of his hunting prowess, allowing that he was instrumental in hunting both ducks and upland game, especially pheasant. Coincidentally, the owner arrived on the scene and told me he could no longer offer the dog for sale. When I asked why he he had changed his mind, he replied that the dog was a liar and that he had never hunted any kind of winged game, only rabbit. I was disappointed and agreed with the owner..........Such is life. I think he still has the dog, trying to break it from telling tall tales. Hope your fishing turns out better..........Adios, Splitz 8)

Latest posts