My mount came back 😬

Help Support Ruger Forum:

badguybuster

Single-Sixer
I killed this bear on the 2nd day of bear season last year. He was just over 300#. I loved the white "V". Killed him with a Winchester 1892, 357 magnum, using Underwood 158 grain JSP. This load is trucking at 2100fps out of my 24" barrel.

Attachments

• 20220318_110451.jpg
    20220318_110451.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 163

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Thanks for the pic and the story. Shot a Black Russian boar back in 2005 at Tioga in Pa. Shot it on May 2 and got the mount back in December from Pa. Cost was around $400 for mounting. Bet a lot higher these days. Private preserve so was allowed to use my semi Rem. Model Four in .270. Enjoyable time it was.

contender

Ruger Guru
"Actually he was standing on his hind legs with his back to me. I shot him at the base of his neck. DRT"

Yep,, that kind of shot will anchor most anything almost immediately.

badguybuster

Single-Sixer
"Actually he was standing on his hind legs with his back to me. I shot him at the base of his neck. DRT"

Yep,, that kind of shot will anchor most anything almost immediately.
The taxidermist said it looked like a hand grenade went off in his neck. He asked what I shot him with, I told him a 357 mag levergun and he said "no way". I showed him the pic I took in the woods. He couldnt believe it, he said he thought it had to be a 270 or 308. The projectile broke 2 vertebrae in the neck, completely jellied all the surrounding muscle, cut the trachea into several pieces and left several fragment wounds. One piece was located in the upper palate sticking partially into the sinus cavity and another was found stuck at the bottom of the esophagus. Pretty good in my opinion.