My Modest Ruger Single Action Collection

Help Support Ruger Forum:

steamloco76

Single-Sixer
I finally got around to photographing my small herd of Ruger single action revolvers and figured I would share them with the forum!
Purchased every single one of them used, though the Flattop showed no evidence of ever being shot outside the factory.

The l-o-n-g Super Single-Six Convertible .22LR/.22WMR with a 9.5 inch barrel. Shoots like a rifle with .22 Magnum ammo. Herrett's Shooting Star grips.

My newest Ruger single action, a Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum, 4.62 inch form 2010 also wearing Herrett's.

I had major issues with the rear sight screw backing out on the New Model Blackhawk Convertible .45 Colt/.45 ACP revolver when using the .45 ACP cylinder. A Hamilton Bowen target sight cured the problem and made the gun my favorite Ruger SA. Herrett's on this one too.

The oldest of the bunch, a New Model Blackhawk .357 Magnum from just after they started the billboard safety notice on the barrel. Herrett's again.

Late 1980's stainless steel Super Single-Six Convertible .22LR/.22 WMR with a 6.5 inch barrel and Herrett's Shooting Star Grips.

2005 Lipsey's New Model Flattop .44 Special with the 5.5 inch tube and Hogue faux ivory Cowboy grips because I can't find Herrett's to fit the new/old XR-3 frame. One super accurate revolver!

I love those Herrett's, but probably would skip the checkering on a .44 Mag. The "skip-a-line" checkered Shooting Stars would be perfect for my Single Six .32 Mags, tho!
Thanks for sharing!

Montelores

Buckeye
My 9 1/2" NM SS was my first Ruger ever.

I saw it in my LGS, and I took it home.

Not a great choice, in hindsight.

It led to many more purchases.

:wink:

Monty

P.S. It's still one of my favorites to shoot.

Beautiful collection, and nice grips!

steamloco76

Single-Sixer
jussbad said:
Nice looking collection. I bet the grips are comfortable to the hand.

I have wide palms so the stock plowhandle grips just don't work well for me, the vintage Herrett's are perfect. Guess I'll have to get some custom made longer grips for the flattop.

steamloco76

Single-Sixer
Montelores said:
My 9 1/2" NM SS was my first Ruger ever.
I saw it in my LGS, and I took it home.
Not a great choice, in hindsight.
It led to many more purchases.
:wink:
Monty
P.S. It's still one of my favorites to shoot.
Beautiful collection, and nice grips!

My wife thought the 9.5 inch barrel looked silly until she shot the gun, now I have to take it every time we go to the range.

Over the years I've owned five other Ruger SA's, only one of which I regret selling, a stainless grip frame, blued Single-Six Bisley with the engraved cylinder and drift adjustable rear sight. My least favorite SA ever was a 7.5 inch NM BH in .30 Carbine. Super loud, not super accurate.

Latest posts