My MK III Hunter that wishes it was a government model......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Smitty908

Bearcat
Just finished my MK III Hunter, I have had it for a while, but finally got around to doing the VQ trigger kit, target grips, and sights that I think it needed.....

Ruger MK III Hunter 6-7/8"
Ruger factory thumbrest grips
VQ Accurizing Kit with Clark bushing and oversized hammer pin
Ruger factory Patridge style front with square notch rear (relaces fiber optic and v-notch)

mk3camo2.jpg

mk3gi.jpg

mk3camo.jpg

-Tim S.

Smitty908

Bearcat
Mike,

If by staight, you mean straight foward, instead of angled up,
then yes, it is a little bit lower angle than my thumb is with a 'high thumb hold' on a 1911.

It's not bad, though.

-Tim S.

kdealaey

Bearcat
Smitty, nice MK III, Handled on at a gun shop last week, been looking at them fo about six months, which ammo do you like best, any real problems with it? thx Dan

Boomer

Single-Sixer
A few weeks ago during "redneck shoot fest" at a nearby outdoor range, we moved from shooting plates with non-magnum centerfire handgun ammo to a 2nd range where I tried out my new Mossy 590A1 Mariner (while learning where not to support the recoil pad - ouch!). After that, we moved to the long distance range where paper and plate targets are set at 100 yds and well beyond. I was a watcher as my buddy benchrest shot his newly dialed in 556 including very high end optics. Well, after his ammo was depleted, I decided to try my MkII with red dot on that 100 yd plate. "Ding, ding, ding". Huh? How can that be? My hold and target acquisition was less than stable and my new UltraDot hadn't even been bore scoped? So I passed the MkII to my other buddy who is a much better shooter and watched him fire at the paper target through a spotter scope. Wow! Several sequential in the red center zone! Clearly, I/we were very impressed with this firearm!

377791519.jpg