My Lipsey's .44 Special Blackhawk is GONE!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Gone I tell you! GONE! I really miss it! I was just getting to know it really well. I installed a set of Wolff springs which really lightened the trigger and hammer. The action was excellent! Cary C's birdseye maple handles were stunning! The goldish yellow maple really contrasted well with the deep blue Ruger put on the Lipsey's revolvers. My New Model Blackhawk shot my .430 diameter .44 Special reloads really well. They were very accurate. Heck, I just got my El Paso Saddlery Threepersons holster with border stamping in the mail. My Ruger .44 was only able to be in it for a few days.

Now my gun is GONE!

I must remember to be virtuous. Patience is a virtue. I must be patient. Michael Gouse will get it back to me as soon as he's finished working on it....

www.mtart.com

-Steve

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Be brave, my friend. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Fear is the mind killer. You will make it through this. We can make him better than he was. We have the technology. :D

Patience is not one of my virtues, I'm afraid.

-- Sam

Zeus

Blackhawk
Did Michael say how long it would be. I've got a couple of projects I've talked with him about but haven't sent any of them off yet. Still trying to decide EXACTLY what I want :)

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
This is the sixth firearm I've had Gouse engraved so I don't even ask him how long it will be. I've been waiting to send my Ruger to him for about 2 months. He called and said it was time to ship it off so it only takes him about 1 month or less to engrave it.

This Blackhawk will be engraved with 75% coverage American Scroll with Skeeter Skelton's Bar-T cattle brand on the backstrap to match my S&W 624.

Here are my other guns, in the order I had Gouse engrave them. I started with my old S&W 1st Generation Safety Hammerless .32 and then had him scratch up my 624. Then I sent him my Colt Pocket Hammerless and my Walther PPK at the same time (saves on shipping!). My last was my Marlin 1894 lever action.

Breaktops011.jpg

SW624g002.jpg

SW624008.jpg

Marlin044.jpg

WaltherCamilllus003.jpg

Colt001.jpg

captainkirk

Blackhawk
Excellent book too. The Chase is like the beginning of many Cussler books that start in the past, but this one is the whole length of the book...

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
The sequel to The Chase comes out next month! It's called The Wrecker and is co-written with Justin Scott who seems to be a great writer himself and he's very excited about the return of Isaac Bell!

The S&W Safety Hammerless, Colt, and Walther were all $350 each. The S&W 624 was $500 and the Marlin was $600. My Ruger will cost $475. These prices do not include shipping. Gouse is trying to get UPS to grant him (as an FFL holder) the same status as manufacturers and allow guns to be shipped to and from him at the second day rate instead of priority overnight. Shipping does get expensive, figure about $100 round trip across the country.

I find Gouse's work to be top notch and his prices to be the most reasonable around. He does all kinds of styles (see his website), but I really like American Scroll. It's my favorite.

I was given the Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless .32 for free because it had no finish, cracked and worn grips, a barrel caked in orange rust and it just plain looked horrible. But my dad had a set of like new grips I put on it. Here's how it looked then:

ColtHammerless.jpg

I had it restored (blued) by a true artist (I don't think he does the work anymore) and I bought a new barrel off E-Gunparts. I played around with some bonded ivory grips too:

GouseEngraving033.jpg

After it was restored, I sent it off to Gouse. Here's another photo of my Colt with the bonded ivory grips instead of the factory black hard rubber:

GouseEngraving017.jpg

It feels good to take a pretty sorry looking gun that didn't even function and turn it into a real beauty. My entire investment in the gun was:

Gun - Free
New barrel - $79
Restoration - $100
New grips - Free
Engraving - $350

Total $529

I'm excited to get my Ruger back. I love how single action revolver look when engraved well!