MY LAWN HAS DANDRUFF

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Woke up this morning to a real surprise.......SNOW, looks like summer is over here in the Rocky Mountains, its my favorite time of year, my wife hates it.
Our firearms season is only a few days away, I'll be chasing bucks with my Lispeys 44 special (250 gr Keith) then off to Montana for a couple of whitetails, hopefully one with the 44 Bisley & another with the 357 Maxie. Could also be a cow elk culling venture, that would be with my 41 Bisley & a 250 gr LBT, fun times are just around the corner.

100_2203.jpg

100_2204.jpg

100_2205.jpg

What I really like is hunting in DEEP snow.

moose-1.jpg

Dick

callshot

Blackhawk
Yah I saw it also about 7:00 am. I went back to bed and tried to hibernate. I must not have enough fat reserves built up, because I couldn't doze off again. Steve

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Hey Dick, I take it that first picture shows the bunkhouse, for any out of state guests :lol:

DMN

Bearcat
Jeff Hoover":2st4bo7i said:
Hey Dick, I take it that first picture shows the bunkhouse, for any out of state guests :lol:

Hey...... That looks like the shed I keep my lawn mower in here in Florida. My winter guests from Massachusetts stay there too. :lol:

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
We got some of that in the hills around here but didn't quite lay in my yard.

Quite a change from yesterday's 80 degree temp. and the entire month's record high temperatures.

You are firing me up with that moose picture.I have only been out a couple times and haven't layed eyes on a real one yet but have located some fresh tracks and seen some great scenery.

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Dick,I am going to try real hard with the bow.If that just doesn't work,I'll switch over to the revolver.

It may not be an easy hunt.The area I'm hunting has few vantage points to glass from and moose are definitely there but not thick.It is about 50% open and the rest willow thickets.I have a few people keeping their eyes open.that may help a lot.I will try to get some pictures up as it goes along but I'm not going to make any predictions as to outcome.

Boxhead

Blackhawk
Dick,

I gotta say now that I am in the Middle East seeing this and getting email from my neighbors in Idaho I am starting to miss the white stuff that I know I will not see for some time. It is cooling here as well with highs now below 95 F or so. I am glad to be out of Alberta though. Five winters there was enough. Snow is one thing, -30 F is quite another. Happy hunting this year as I will miss it...

sixshot

Buckeye
Hello Boxhead, yes -30 degrees is quite a bit different than 95 degrees. I know how much you like to hunt, are there any hunting opportunites over there (4 legged) I'll try & bust a whitetail for you when I'm in Montana.

Take care, Dick

toolman

Bearcat
its begining to look alot like christmas reminds me i,ve still got to get my pool cover on BRING ON THE SNOW .