My heart is heavy tonight.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Enigma

Hunter
My wife, Nita, remains hospitalized tonight. She had a fall last Friday in the hospital. X-Rays detected no broken bones, but she still had severe pains when trying to stand. The ran a Cat scan this morning and detected a crack in her pelvis. She will undergo therapy at a nursing home. Depending on the outcome she may have to remain in a nursing home.

The thought of being separated from my darling overwhelms me. She has been a part of me for nearly fifty years.

Please excuse my pity party.

Bob Wright

Bob, my sincere condolences for your wife's injury. Although we've never met, I feel like I know you from your frequent posts here on the forum. Prayers for you and your wife, and for her rapid and complete recovery.

2Late45

Single-Sixer
More prayers for you and the Misses. My wife fell and had similar pelvic fractures in 2020. It's a long road, hang in there. Our 50th was April 1st of this year.

cpt-t

Single-Sixer
BOB: I am so sorry to hear about Nita`s fall and injuries. But My prayers are headed You and Nita`s direction for as long as you all need them. For a full and total recovery. Bob if there is any thing, anything at all that I could do for You or Nita. It would be my Honor to do so. As You know the Man Upstairs is running the show on this deal. So I am sure everything will be all right. I can`t see it any other way.
TAKE CARE MY FRIEND:
ken

Ablediver

Bearcat
Bob,
I'll pray for your wife tonight . While she's recuperating, please be sure she gets plenty (3X daily) lung exercises with an incentive spirometer. Ask for one before she discharges from the hospital. Many people our age (pardon), develop post-op pneumonia which has a more detrimental outcome than the initial injury. My best concern for your wife's well being.
Ablediver been there . Ablediver speak truth.
Ablediver out.

I second what Ablediver said! As a nurse of 50+ years, incentive spirometers help prevent pneumonia, and get over pneumonia. Deep breathing pumps the immune system (lymph system), plus keeps the lungs from sticking together due to shallow breathing from taking pain meds and decreased activity.
gramps