my grandpa bought a SR9c today :)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
Well he put a deposit on it. he has to go get his Permit to purchases wait 3 days then bingo it'll be in his hand.
of course I'll take some pics when we get it in hand. it feels good and looks better 8)

Mike J

Hunter
What state are you in that you have a waiting period? That stinks!!!
Maybe he'll let you shoot it. :)

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
michigan but its the city.... livonia backwards its ainovil (pronounced anal ville)

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I left Michigan yrs ago. It was difficult to get a CCW there until very recently. You had to have a lot of pull to get one. I do hope he enjoys his very nice gun.
Sonnytoo

A

Anonymous

A "CPL" is extremely easy to get in Michigan since it's a right to carry state. Just take a one day class, meet the requirements by law and just wait for paperwork. (Usually 6 weeks.) Years ago, it used to be the type of state where you'd have to Prove why you needed a CPL, now it's just the reverse. On our local Gun site, someone posted up the stats for Wayne County, Michigan; the last board to convene had 715 requests and 715 approvals. It's anything but hard.

There is no waiting period for purchasing gun, you just need to obtain a purchase permit from your local Police. (Which takes minutes)

FYI for anyone that doesn't know, the CCW is the act of and a CPL is your authority to.

offshorebear

Bearcat
Sounds hard. We just have to go to a sheriff's office and smile for a picture. Some sheriff's even set up a portable LTCF station at gun shows :D

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
Wolverton":1xvndvvn said:
A "CPL" is extremely easy to get in Michigan since it's a right to carry state. Just take a one day class, meet the requirements by law and just wait for paperwork. (Usually 6 weeks.) Years ago, it used to be the type of state where you'd have to Prove why you needed a CPL, now it's just the reverse. On our local Gun site, someone posted up the stats for Wayne County, Michigan; the last board to convene had 715 requests and 715 approvals. It's anything but hard.

There is no waiting period for purchasing gun, you just need to obtain a purchase permit from your local Police. (Which takes minutes)

FYI for anyone that doesn't know, the CCW is the act of and a CPL is your authority to.

yes my grandpa uncle and i all took our CPL class and passed but because im not 21 i did not turn in my paper work yet. were all waiting to do it at the same time. then we can buy as many guns as we want, whenever wherever.

Budrbean

Bearcat
Congrats to grandpa! I had full intention of buying one today but my dealer has got to big for their britches and wont deal anymore. They were marked $459+tax and he wouldnt come down at all. Went to another place and struck a deal on a SR9 for $415. Couldnt pass it up so decided Id just go full size. After handling both guns, I like the full size better, its just slightly less concealable but Ill deal with it

Budrbean

Bearcat
My point exactly. This place used to be the hometown gun store but now they are like #1 in the region. They are packed at all hours of every day. So they can charge what they want. They know if I dont buy it then someone else will. I am happy with my SR9 though. Wanted the compact but after checking them both out, I like the balance of the full size. I have large hands so compacts dont suit me well. Cheapest I found on the SR9 was $399 out of state and $40-50 ffl fee would make it what I paid, so cant complain.