My Grandads Single Six - duplicate serial number?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fatboy

Bearcat
I inherited my Grandfathers OM Single Six convertible. When I was younger I'd spend my summers on his farm.. bailing hay, cutting wood, fishing, killing gophers.. normal kid stuff.
In fact I killed my first rabbit with his Stevens Bolt action 22.. killed my first Grouse with his Kessler Bolt action 20 ga and Killed my first woodchuck with his OM Single Six. Its well worn but i carried it around all the time when I was a kid.
Anyway I noticed the serial number today.. never paid it much attention before.. It is I guess a duplicate. Sorry about the Poor pics
SINGLESIX.jpg

SINGLESERIAL-1.jpg

I also brought home my Dads well used Flattop 357 needs some new stocks. Dad bought it in Great Falls Montana in the 60's
FLATTOP2.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Wow, two really neat old Rugers! The "D" gun is very interesting since it's a Single-Six numbered in the Super Single-Six serial number range. Around 1400 slipped though before the error was corrected.

Nice Flattop! New stocks? No way, those are just fine! It's in a "transition" serial number range and several "close up" images of the front sight, ejector housing, rear sight and base pin would help "pin down" the specifics.

JMHO,

flatgate

contender

Ruger Guru
I fully agree with Flatgate!
That SS is indeed interesting,, and collectable to us. And that 357,, those grips look just fine,,, besides,, they have the "family history" with them. You have some nice guns there.

flatgate

Hawkeye
NICE! All the "classic" characteristics of a Type II example except it's got the "optional" grips!

Thanks for sharing!

flatgate

americal

Hunter
WOW you are lucky to have such interesting Rugers in your heritage a flattop & A----- D gun :shock: 8) :!: :!: :!:

Latest posts