My Gold Label

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was asked to post a photo of my Gold Label, so here goes. This is a learning process for me, and I've yet to figure out how to take a decent photo of a full-sized long gun.
GEDC0253.jpg

GEDC0259.jpg

GEDC0258.jpg

mraywi

Single-Sixer
Wayno, that is really beautiful,nice wood!! If you had not got me started buying 45's which were followed by 44's I would have had funds to beat you to this work of art. So it's all your fault!!! Enjoy your beauty!!! :D

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Those are gorgeous shotguns! SOOO wish they went back into production, even if on a made-to-order basis.

Again-what a great find. I soo wish I had jumped on the Ruger Gold Label takedown hard case when I got my Gold Label. I think it was about $350 back then. Wonder what one would go for now if you could evenfind one. Any Gold Label owners find a good takedown hard case for theirs? Congrats Wayno!
Wait till you shoot it.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
steveodtw":e8tj4ru1 said:
Again-what a great find. I soo wish I had jumped on the Ruger Gold Label takedown hard case when I got my Gold Label. I think it was about $350 back then. Wonder what one would go for now if you could evenfind one. Any Gold Label owners find a good takedown hard case for theirs? Congrats Wayno!
Wait till you shoot it.

Wife paid $300.00 for my hard case and had a hard time getting from Ruger. I value mine at $500.00.
Terry
HPIM1444.jpg

Yep, that's it T.A. Now I feel worse. Seriously, that's a beautiful case worthy of the gun it carrys. And the wood on yours is magnificent. Wow. Looks like it came from one of Cabelas Gun Library displays. Do you shoot it?

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Wayno,
Heres a couple more pictures of the case. There is a guy
on GB Tommy??? that has listed quite afew GL's and a couple
of Ruger cases. I just did a quick search on AA-GB & GA and
could not find one GL.
Best of luck in your hunt.

Steveodtw, No I have never shot mine. I always wanted to put together
a set of quality SXS's. When Ruger came out with the GL I hoped that they would be a hit and a 20 & 28 would follow. Alas I was wrong!

HPIM1447.jpg

HPIM1443.jpg

HPIM1448.jpg

mraywi

Single-Sixer
Hey Hey TA,
The last pic of your GL and case was uncalled for,very likely
to send us envious mortals over the edge!!

T.A.-I thought I had some pretty nice wood on mine but yours is incredible. I have used my Gold Label on Sporting Clays and a winter Tower Shoot for pheasant. It's a great shotgun. But I can see why you might not risk yours in the field. I did buy the Ruger leathers for mine, the Butt Pad and Barrel Guard. They give it a custom gun look and offer added protection. The Guard also helps to position the forearm grip. I think the ruger store still sells them. Can you imagine a Gold Label in 28GA, probably at about 5 lbs.?! I think they could get just about whatever they want for them if they'd only build them-to order if necessary.