My first post and first Ruger in a while...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mr. S

Bearcat
I have had three Rugers before today. I think it was a Mark I with 5 1/2 inch bull barrel. Also a new model single six convertible and a new model Blackhawk in .41 magnum.

Well, finances put some demands on my family and those Rugers were sold about 15+ years ago.

I decided a couple of weeks ago that it was time to have a Ruger in the family again.

I ordered this from my dealer last week and picked it up today. It's a new Redhawk 4" barrel in .45 Colt.

I'll put together some loads for it tommorw and I hope to get to the range on Saturday.

Thanks,

Rick

Redhawk1RS.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome back to the fold of Ruger owners,, and Welcome to the Forum!
I think you'll be quite pleasantly surprised at your new Ruger. An excellent choice.

Knuckles

Buckeye
I have one on lay-a-way until march of next year if need be... I can't wait to get some extra money and go pick it up.

Awesome first post! 8)

qwagmire

Bearcat
Love that gun in 45lc. I can't decide between it and the Blackhawk.

But since my recent ROA purchase, I'm going to have to wait...

Mr. S

Bearcat
Thank you for the welcome everyone! I am pretty excited over my new Redhawk and looking forward to many years together.

All the best,

Rick

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
I couldn't have picked a better Ruger myself! Well, except for maybe a NM Blackhawk in 45 Colt, or a New Vaquero in 45 Colt, or maybe a ...

Ah, you get the point! Welcome to RugerForum.com!

3T

Bearcat
Mr. S

I picked up the twin to that revolver last week, only mine is 44mag.
Ran a few rounds through it last weekend, great gun!

Enjoy :D

Mr. S

Bearcat
My wife and I just got back from the range. We took her .38 spec, a .38 spec of mine, and my new Redhawk.

I was able to locate in my reloading stuff a box of Hornady 250 gr XTP's that I have had since a S&W 25-?. That gun also had to find a new home a number of years ago due to finances.

I loaded 50 of these bullets in Win. once fired .45 Colt cases over 8.0 grains of Unique with a WLP primer on Wednesday.

This morning it was about 65-70 degrees out with a beautiful blue sky. Humidity was about 50%.

I shot at the 25, 16, and 10 yard ranges. Unfortunately, I didn't save the 25 yard target. I only shot six rounds at that range. It wasn't that great though; 5 - 5.5 inch group for five rounds. I honestly don't know where the sixth round went ;-)

Attached is the last target I shot before we left. This was at ten yards.

With my tri-focals, keeping the front sight in focus is a lost cause. However, I am very happy with the Redhawk. It didn't miss a beat. Very comfortable to shoot.

I will put about 150 more jacketed rounds through it and then start working on cast loads. I'll probably take the charge of Unique up a bit for the next jacketed loads.

Thanks,

Rick

RHtarget2.jpg

ShakyJake

Bearcat
Hi Mr. S
Welcome to the Forum. Really nice looking Redhawk.
Grand shooting indeed!! As one tri-focal to another we know what happened with that bottom shot, huh? I have tried the lineless type and executive style that go all the way across the lens. Don't matter, they play havoc with the front sight. Best I came up with was having the eye doc get the main lens to focus starting as close to arms length as possible.
Great reading that husband and wife are enjoying shooting together. Always warms the heart.
TaKe CaRe
Ted

DGW1949

Hunter
Welcome to the Forum.

The Doc suggested trifocals for me a few years ago. What a disaster. Couldn't walk with 'em, couldn't drive, and certainly couldn't shoot.

You might try what I did.... Went down to the drug store and kept trying different reading glasses untill I found a pair that put my focus range out to where I knew my front sight would be. Best as I remember, they cost about $10.

Hope this helps.

DGW