My first date with Nita

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Forgive me for reminiscing, I'm feeling sort of lonely this morning.

Nita and I had both just gotten out of a very unhappy marriage. And there was Nita, cute and saucy and a beauty! So, I asked her out for a date. We went to the Memphis Fairgrounds, an amusement park which is no longer there.

Nita wasn't partial to the thrill rides, and I didn't like rides that went around and around. So we just walked around, had some snacks, played some games. (I didn't win any Teddy bears.) But I spent time at the shooting gallery, ten shots for a quarter. The .22 rifles were those Remington auto (semi-auto) rifles made on the Browning patent, tubular fed though the stock, and bottom ejecting.

The gallery had a pool of water with duck moving across that fell when hit. Using that little rifle, I could put them down just as they came up and stood upright. And Nita stood behind me telling me what a good shot I was and how I could really shoot. She marveled and cheered each hit. "Man!" I thought, "I've got to marry this woman!" She, whom I remarked how her long hair looked like the fine wood of an English shotgun's stock!

Nita was to always build me up, and I tried to do the same for her.

Bob Wright

Ride1949

Buckeye
Wonderful story Bob. Onc in a lifetime there's the woman that will make you say "She's the one for me" , and it turns out you were right. Treasure those memories.

vito

Hunter
Not every day is special with my wife of 56 years, but I would be lost without her. She has been my rock and best friend since we met. We met at a party where she was the only girl there that I didn't know before I walked in, and after our first date I told my sister that I was going to marry that girl Michele. 18 months later we were man and wife. She is also the glue that holds the extended family together. Our five grown kids and 12 grandkids are mostly on the Left side of the political spectrum, and I think it is the presence of Mom that keeps them tolerant of me (and me of them). I try to remind myself daily how lucky I am to be with her and to have had this many years shared, and hopefully more to come.

BearBiologist

Blackhawk
My first date with my (A)Nita was to Tommy's Burgers on Rampart in Los Angeles. Thirty-five years last August. I was coming out of a worthless (not really BAD) marriage, and she had never been married.

Reactions: jyo

contender

Ruger Guru
Bob,, it was obvious LONG ago that you treasured Nita. We don't mind you sharing your memories here. And that one was a good one!

Forgive me for reminiscing, I'm feeling sort of lonely this morning.

Nita and I had both just gotten out of a very unhappy marriage. And there was Nita, cute and saucy and a beauty! So, I asked her out for a date. We went to the Memphis Fairgrounds, an amusement park which is no longer there.

Nita wasn't partial to the thrill rides, and I didn't like rides that went around and around. So we just walked around, had some snacks, played some games. (I didn't win any Teddy bears.) But I spent time at the shooting gallery, ten shots for a quarter. The .22 rifles were those Remington auto (semi-auto) rifles made on the Browning patent, tubular fed though the stock, and bottom ejecting.

The gallery had a pool of water with duck moving across that fell when hit. Using that little rifle, I could put them down just as they came up and stood upright. And Nita stood behind me telling me what a good shot I was and how I could really shoot. She marveled and cheered each hit. "Man!" I thought, "I've got to marry this woman!" She, whom I remarked how her long hair looked like the fine wood of an English shotgun's stock!

Nita was to always build me up, and I tried to do the same for her.

Bob Wright
Any reminiscing you want to do is fine with me.
My fair had the Winchester Pumps.??? Price was the same.
I always thought it would be great to have one of those galleries.
One year the gallery guy let me bring my 1897 Marlin to his gallery as long as I bought his 22s. I think they used frangible 22 shorts. Like CB caps

Latest posts