My first Backhawk in 30 carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dave King

Bearcat
I've been searching for one of these for a while and on a fluke I pulled up Guns International and there sat an affordable example... A 1973 3-screw with the boxes for $399.99.

I brought it home today and find that is is every bit as nice as stated. I'll have it out in a few weeks giving it a go at the range or for groundhogs.

bhk-30carbine-1.jpg

bhk-30carbine-2.jpg

bhk-30carbine-3.jpg

Here's the original advertisement for the little gun.

http://www.firinglineonline.com/detail. ... =10&id=772

americal

Hunter
When you finally got one you really showed off :D :D never seen a better one & the BOX looks brand new 8) ok the gun looks new to the MAX--GOTTA be HAPPY with package :!: GREAT to see such a mint gun 8)

Dave King

Bearcat
I have mixed feelings about making it into a shooter (my version of a shooter) but I did go looking for a shooter and this is what I found.... therefore it must be a shooter.

It is possible that I'll lose it in the safe and I do have a one-nut Buckeye Special coming (32 H&R only) in a week or so and it may take center stage.

JohnW

Bearcat
Very nice! I picked one of these up back in December in similar condition, also with box and trimmings, for a similar price. Mine is 1970 vintage, and my box is not nearly as nice as yours. Congratulations!

bearcat bob

Bearcat
Good find. I too have wanted one for at least 26 years and finally found one at my local GS. I traded an M1 Carbine i paid 150 bucks for many years ago. I got a '79 in the box .30 BH...Bob