My first 44 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

EricandSuebee

Single-Sixer
Hello all, just wanted to share with you I will be getting my first 44 Mag hopefully by the end of the week, I bought it off someone over in california and waiting for it to be shipped to my FFL dealer, I do have one pic of it, its a 7.5" barrel

redhawk1.jpg

c.r.

Single-Sixer
welcome to the forum

congrats on your new gun. it's a brute of revovlver.

~c.r.

EricandSuebee

Single-Sixer
Bear Paw Jack":l892yjpm said:
Looks pretty nice. What are you going to use it for?

Not really sure, my dad does a lot of geocaching and I was going to go with him, all his buddies keep telling him to arm himself in case of bear or human problems so I figured I'd go along with him and carry a .44 Mag :) but also I want a reliable defense gun that will strike fear first before it comes to shooting.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I had the blue version of that gun through here some time ago, and still have a 4" stainless one. Beautiful, meaty guns. Very nice double action triggers. You'll love it! Congrats.

-- Sam

P.S. Welcome to the forum! What part of NH? I lived in the Nashua/Merrimack/Manchester area for years.

EricandSuebee

Single-Sixer
Yosemite Sam":3ovimn3o said:
I had the blue version of that gun through here some time ago, and still have a 4" stainless one. Beautiful, meaty guns. Very nice double action triggers. You'll love it! Congrats.

-- Sam

P.S. Welcome to the forum! What part of NH? I lived in the Nashua/Merrimack/Manchester area for years.

thanks for the welcome, I was born in Nashua and moved to Concord and been here since, quite familiar with all those places you listed :)

wixedmords

Blackhawk
Looks like real fun EricandSuebee.

Congrats on a 44 that will outlast all of us.

I'll be listening for when you shoot it from over in the Lakes Region.

Welcome aboard. :)

Another Ruger comes home.

Pal Val

Buckeye
Welcome to the forum! Wish you lots of enjoyment with that fine item. Make sure you get a lot of practice with it. The .44 mag is a very accurate caliber.

RADAR

Bearcat
I had the same gun when I lived in AK. Wonderful shooter-I traded it for a Marlin 1894SS .44 when I moved to NY(no permit) I have a Super Blackhawk now that replaced it, but I miss the Redhawk. You're gonna love it.

americal

Hunter
NICE choice :) being out & about now a days-- a little protection is almost a must :!: :!: to many MEAN people up to no good & I have never been in Bear country :oops: but I would carry at least a 44 mag. smooth rev. you got--- sure need to get right holster :wink: those dudes can get HEAVY :!:

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
EricandSuebee,

Nice looking piece of steel you've got yourself there. A .44 Redhawk is on my list of guns that I would like to buy. I've got a 7.5" 357 Redhawk and my dad shoots a 4" 45 colt Redhawk. It's only a matter of time before one of these boss-daddy .44 monsters makes it's way into my gun safe. My ideal find would be a 5.5" model. Have fun with yours. I'm jealous.

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
EricandSuebee":1cnvet3e said:
Hello all, just wanted to share with you I will be getting my first 44 Mag hopefully by the end of the week, I bought it off someone over in california and waiting for it to be shipped to my FFL dealer, I do have one pic of it, its a 7.5" barrel

Welcome!
I have the indentical gun in 41 mag, and I love it. I'm primarily a Single Action freak, but I wanted a 41 and this used one came my way, so..... And I am very glad I got it.

Mine also came to me with Pachmayr grips, similar to yours, I think, but I replaced them with stock wood ones. I just like the look of the wood much better, and the finger grooves on the rubber were not 'spaced' correctly for my hand. I don't think the wood grips are any harder to shoot; the recoil from the gun is not really that much. I also have wood, (my own handmade ones) on my 44 SBH Hunter, and again, I don't think rubber is necessary for recoil absorption.

Again, welcome to the forum, and enjoy that beautiful Ruger!!

WESHOOT2

Hunter
I use the finger grooves (Pachmayr Decelerators) to 'jam' my fingers upward into the gun; it allows me superior control for DA shooting.
Which is how I shoot.....

I found 'rubber' essential for reducing recoil.