My First 40 Caliber Handgun is Finished

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Somewhere during the construction of Steve's flintlock rifle project he decided it would be nice to have a companion handgun.
(Link to Flintlock Project) http://www.ohiooutdoorsman.com/phpBB/vi ... .php?t=403

Prior to the developing health problems, Steve rough-shaped the stock, inletted the "swamped barrel", the Siler lock, the lock plate, the trigger assembly and drilled the ramrod hole. Two good friends and fellow Ohio Gun Collectors Association "OGCA" members, Robert Ely and Ken Netting, finished the project for Steve. They are both master gun makers. Their workmanship in attention to detail is second to none. There are no words that could express Steve's admiration of their collaborative efforts in finishing this outstanding handgun for him.

a.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

E.jpg

F.jpg

G.jpg

H.jpg

I.jpg

Charlene

VonFatman

Blackhawk
Steve/Charlene,
That's terrific! Anyone who missed the pics of Steve's rifle project this past year...here's a shot of one of the most beautiful guns you will ever see...

standard.jpg

And for those in the crowd who favor the Rugers...

My most treasured set of stocks...

standard.jpg

Bbo

Tx gun runner

Single-Sixer
I think ML are works of art . I love to see scratch built guns . Everyone need to build one like two in this post to really get a feel for what it takes to build one . He did a super job on the 40 pistol . I sold this one 6 mo ago it was built almost 30 yrs ago .

da668177.jpg

69845a26.jpg