My First 3 Screw Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
Went in looking for some more .22 ammo at one of the gun shops off my usual route. Looked at the price of ammo and saw it was $35.00 per 450 count brick and went, "Holy crap"!

looked down and under the glass was an unconverted 3 screw Blackhawk in 30 Carbine with a 7 1/2 inch barrel. It had some holster wear but when I dropped the cyinder, it looked like it hadn't been shot much. The previous owner had hand checkered the factory walnut grips. Gotta have a winter project up here. ;) :p

It was a consignment gun and the tag read $150.00.

Errrrt! Stop!

Yes, $150

It needs to be cleaned now but it followed me home and my lovely wife isn't even batting an eye.

Merry Xmas to me! :D

BearStopper

Blackhawk
Yes I love to find those deals too and have a few to my credit. Enjoy and don't forget to share with us how you find its accuracy as I have never shot a 30 carbine Blackhawk and am curious.

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
Did some research on Ruger's website by serial number.

50-00XXX approximate date is 1969 so its almost as old as I am by ship date.

Gotta find some ammo for it this weekend. Hope I have time as we are working Saturday so I can go out for a stroll Sunday with it, snowing or not.

I'll post pictures as soon as I find my camera. My lovely wife decided she wanted to use it and now it isn't where I left it.

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
Hey Matt.
Yeah, that is what I keep hearing. Since I want to keep hearing it, I'll keep the earmuffs on. Helps keep the ears warm too! :D

rong

Bearcat
You should never have
bought that, now you're
gonna have to have all
3 screw models.I have 2 more to
get and it's addicting.
Great buy-way to go!
(Just like buying your
first Accusport,my big
mistake)

Snyd

Single-Sixer
Congrats on a great find. Even us Alaskans can score now and again. I ran across a deal on SBH Bisley Hunter 45 Colt just a couple weeks ago. one of 279.

Can't let you guys in the lower 48 get all the good deals! :D

VonFatman":x9cjh6hl said:
Holy Crap Batman!!! What a deal!!! Congratulations!!!

Bob

wow, great deal....you done BETTER than good.......
remember, ear protection and firm grip...(hold on tight for the ride...)
enjoy, and they are COOL when shooting at dusk, in the evening,just before dark...don't shoot it in the dark, you may go blind....... :roll:

merry Christmas...................

Latest posts