My excuse for another .22 pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

john lee

Bearcat
Just thought of a reasonable excuse to buy a Mark IV. If I spend $500 at the local gun store, I'm helping pay the salaries of some people at the Ruger Prescott facility, the Spokane gun store, and eight percent to the Washington state government. Damn, I now feel like a true patriot. Actually, I was wondering how much of that $500 would go to paying wages for the Ruger employees. John Lee, Another Deplorable

Believe it or not, I'm about "pistoled out".
I've been contemplating selling a 44 flattop(the commemorative or whatever it's called) and finding an SP101 22lr. I bought the 44 as a companion for my Trapper 94 in 44 mag and never shot it(that in itself is amazing BTW). Now, I'm not really able to handle much 44 shooting and a smaller 22 revolver seems appealing.
I used to find all sorts of "excuses" for buying guns and now that I don't need to make excuses, I've found I don't really "need" to just add to the herd.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Who needs an excuse for another 22? As long as your check will clear and you will not miss mortage payments, bills and food, get what you want. After sending several revolvers down the line a few years ago I am trying to resolve lack of same

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
Rocdoc said:
Who needs an excuse for another 22? As long as your check will clear and you will not miss mortage payments, bills and food, get what you want. After sending several revolvers down the line a few years ago I am trying to resolve lack of same

AMEN!

22/45 Fan

Hunter
At my age (74 and counting) I only keep what I actually shoot so I've been gradually and selectively reducing my excess inventory over the past couple of years. I had a MkII 22/45 for over 12 years but, when the MkIV came out I couldn't resist. The ease of disassembly/reassembly and the ambidextrous safety (I'm left handed) were too good to pass up. So, to stay within my current inventory quidelines, the MkII went off to a good home and my pistol count remains unchanged.

john lee

Bearcat
22/45 Fan said:
At my age (74 and counting) I only keep what I actually shoot so I've been gradually and selectively reducing my excess inventory over the past couple of years. I had a MkII 22/45 for over 12 years but, when the MkIV came out I couldn't resist. The ease of disassembly/reassembly and the ambidextrous safety (I'm left handed) were too good to pass up. So, to stay within my current inventory quidelines, the MkII went off to a good home and my pistol count remains unchanged.
22/45, I hear what you're saying. I just bought a Mark IV yesterday and will pick it up Saturday. My wife said, "what am I going to do with it when you die?" My son died last May but my sister's oldest son who is an incredible welder, car guy and hunter might be a possiblity.

I got caught up in the hysteria over the nonavailability of 22 ammo a few years ago and started buying whenever I found it on the shelves. Even though I probably don't shoot more than 1,000 rounds of 22LR a year I ended up with a stockpile of about 5,000. And when I sold off my Browning Buckmark (multiple problems) I was down to just my S&W 617 for this caliber handgun so I felt I HAD to buy another 22LR for the range. I bought a new Mark IV and really enjoy shooting this new pistol. In fact, I am now wondering if I should sell my 617 (but I did pay an awful lot for this gun so I may just keep it around for awhile).

Cordite

Single-Sixer
22/45 Fan said:
.... my current inventory quidelines...

So it's not a rule then ... :D You probably need a Mk IV Lite to match your forum handle.
I don't think it's possible to have too many .22s. Everybody loves them.

Cordite