My Custom 22/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Waldo Pepper

Bearcat
Davidsons Ruger MkIII with custom grips and magazine pads by Dominic A. Notaro Sr., jewelling & gun smithing by Chuck Keys, Millet 3 MOA Red Dot, Volquartsen Trigger Kit (includes target trigger, trigger plunger, trigger rebound spring, target hammer, sear, sear spring, bolt release) Volquartsen extractor, Wolff Springs though out gun and I did the white letter and numbering and installed the grips. Don't ask $$$ I did it a little here and a little there and don't want to know.

MKIII22-45Hunter01.jpg

MkIII22-45Hunter02.jpg

Ruger.jpg

Waldo Pepper

Bearcat
Kevin":rgew9kjv said:
Wow! That is a great looking gun. How did you do the white lettering? More importantly, how does it shoot? Any better?
Thanks, I love the way it turned out myself.

Actually my bone stock 22A shoots a tighter 25 yard group, but I have come to believe that the grip on the Ruger was too small. That's why I went with Dominic's grips as they just attach over the grip area on the frame (the OEM grips are part of frame) and increased the grip size. So I will be putting the 22/45 to the test again this week some time, if it not raining again. Forecast is rain pretty much for most of this week.

Also part of the problem was getting use to a 1 lb trigger pull, with no take up or over travel, and that will take getting used to for sure.

MoHawk

Bearcat
WP, Very nice looking MKIII! I agree with you on the 22/45 grip being to small (narrow). I add Domonics grips to my MKIII 22/45 & reduced my groups by .5"

Waldo Pepper

Bearcat
MoHawk":13n172ds said:
WP, Very nice looking MKIII! I agree with you on the 22/45 grip being to small (narrow). I add Domonics grips to my MKIII 22/45 & reduced my groups by .5"
That is what I hope to do with my 22/45, I am not thrilled that I can shoot a tighter group with my $200 S&W 22A that I recently bought. I love the big grip on that S&W and I am pretty sure that is why it has better group then the 22/45, it was the fit of hand to gun.