My Clements Custom Revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gasp! It showed up via Fed Ex today. First, let me say David Clements is a great guy. He was so easy to work with, very laid back and talked with me like we had been friends for 15 years. I need to get another revolver to him before he retires. In fact, I was talking with my wife, and I was telling her I'm scared that first, there aren't many gunsmiths of Clement's caliber (ha, get the pun!!!) But of those gunsmiths that are still around, they are all getting older. I only hope craftsmanship of this quality never goes away.

Here are some pictures... The revolver started life as a .30 Carbine Blackhawk. Contender shot it at the East Coast Meet back in 2014, he liked it, it was pretty accurate. Back then I was debating on what to do with it. This was my second gun and first revolver. I horse traded it back and forth with my dad for years. When I couldn't find factory ammo, I tried to reload for .30 Carbine. I just couldn't get it to work.

Two years ago, I emailed David Clements and he said he would put my name on his 12 month list. I waited 12 months, and emailed him again, he said mail it in. And now...here it is. Easy enough if you are patient.

I am very, very, very pleased.

Contender, I hope to make it back someday...I'd be pleased to have you shoot this one as well.

It has a matte hard chrome finish, Stag grips by Patrick Grashorn, a relieved Bisley grip frame, Bowen sights, the free spin prawl, oversized base pin, and as you can see an octagonal barrel.

tLWbqrjl.jpg

ronSqVEl.jpg

wM01ddAl.jpg

hhhGaKel.jpg

NmBTjwVl.jpg

H4TroS8l.jpg

gAXiZ0ol.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Kevin, you need to bring that thing up here,, and I'll be more than happy to burn a few rounds through it to make sure it's acceptable.

Oh,, there are other good gunsmiths & custom makers out there that are up & coming. Bobby Tyler is a nice young fella,, and is doing a lot of real nice work! He came to mind when I read your comments.

Thanks everyone. You know, without this forum, I wouldn't have had this gun made. :D People like Craig always posting pictures of various revolvers. I think you the one with the herd chrome finish, don't you? Thern there was the thread a while ago about octagonal barrels, or the Bisley picture thread.... :D

Worth the wait? Oh yes... I'm on his list again to send another gun in early next year.

Contender, thanks for the tip about up and coming gunsmiths. Imagine what would happen if this becomes a lost art?

Craig: Yes, I love that hard chrome finish with the yellow grips.

I'm not kidding about being on his list for another gun. I'm thinking a single six converted into a .327. Something to match this gun, octagonal barrel with the hard chrome finish and Bisley frame.

I wonder about an octagonal barrel on a smaller caliber... Would the barrel diameter be the same or would the overall diameter be less? Otherwise it might be pretty heavy....

this is me just wondering out loud.

CraigC

Hawkeye
I've had a Bisley Single Six in Jack's shop since September and I have yet to talk to him about it. Still debating on what direction to take it. I do want to put the heaviest barrel possible on it but haven't delved into which profile that would be. A Single Six barrel has to be quite a bit smaller in diameter than a Blackhawk so it should still be relatively light. I might do a 5.5" banded. I seem to recall that Axehandle had an octagon Single Six by Clements, you might ask him.