My Christmas rewards

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, this year,, we all chose to have most of the Christmas with the kids & their wives last weekend. Less stress & VERY enjoyable.

So, for Christmas day,, Penny was going to cook a traditional dinner anyway,, and I always try & make sure anybody I know who may not have family etc to come to our home & enjoy dinner. Well, my brother's g/f was going to be working,, (nurse,) so I had invited him. He also knows a lady,, who wasn't able to go see her grandkids due to them testing positive for the beer virus. She got invited.
So we had a very pleasant Christmas day that was filled with good food, and relaxed conversation,, & NO stress.

Then, in the afternoon, I got a call,, I had a squirrel trapped in a groundhog trap,, that I had figured I'd pull this coming week due to already having caught the problem groundhog. My customer,, very apologetic, about it being Christmas & all. No problem. Animals do not know what a holiday, birthday, anniversary, hospital stay etc is,, they are just animals. I told my customer I'd be there in about an hour.

As I'm driving to his home,, I got another call, from a county deputy,, who had a very upset lady with a snake in her driveway, that had been trapped under a flower pot. She thought it was a copperhead.

Well, upon my arrival to the squirrel issue,, I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a white squirrel. We have a few counties where they are more common. Not common to many other places,, but since I used a kill trap, (conibear) the squirrel was dead,, and as such,, my taxidermist will get another one for me to have mounted. A little "extra reward" for Christmas.

After leaving there,, I headed to the snake call, figuring it was going to be a juvie black snake. Nope,, it was an honest to goodness juvie copperhead. And this place is also an "Air B&B" with freshly arrived visitors. Needless to say,, the lady was quite happy I was able to help her,, and on Christmas day. After handling the snake issue,, our discussion somehow got to her saying how she was recently divorced,, and having to do a lot by herself. One thing that came up was how after almost 6 years of life,, she was now in a position to where she'd decided she needed a handgun for protection.
Then I mentioned that we (Penny & I) teach a ladies handgun clinic,, and I own a range etc.

Immediately,, I was asked; "How do I sign up?" We had a longer conversation about firearms & such,, and this lady is going to be a student,, as well as she knows at least 4-5 more ladies in her development who want the same thing.
Another little "extra reward" of knowing I can help more ladies get properly introduced to handgunning.

So, after I got home,, and Penny & I were relaxing,, discussing all sorts of things,, I was asked; "Did you have a good Christmas?" To which I replied; " I had an excellent Christmas. My family is all safe & happy,,, we all know WHY we celebrate this Day,, and most of all,,, I got a few extra "little rewards" not expected today."

With the fact I had to actually do a little work,, which turned into some very pleasant things,, all made my Christmas a little brighter.

Johnnu2

Buckeye
We can't ask for more than that Contender...........

A secret 'trick' to happiness is to just pay some forward, and say "thanks' every night for whatever we have.

J.

contender

Ruger Guru
The key to happiness is recognizing the truly good things,, and not expecting anything in return. Yet,, when blessed,, recognize it,, and be very thankful,,! And when you get the little un-expected little rewards,, such as I had,, it just makes true happiness easy. Reflecting upon things after I got home,, was very pleasant.
So yes,, I had a very good Christmas.