My brand new Ruger Bisley Blackhawk stainless in .45 Colt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jban357

Bearcat
The gun may have been someone's "new old stock". Either way I wouldn't complain. I would have grabbed it also.

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
Got it today, May 11, 2022. It is not on Ruger's website. 5&1/2" bbl, engraved cylinder. It is a beauty. First Blackhawk I've seen in ages. I walked in to the LGS and there she was. Now she's mine. I'm thinking its a Lipsey's special edition.
I also have a Ruger 5 1/2" .45 Colt, and I think mine is a Lipsey's. I bought mine in 2014. It is a flattop, convertible. The flattop means that the frame is not as strong as the none flattop, which is thicker on the top. The ramification of this is that I should not shoot the most powerful .45LC ammo, which I have not! The most powerful load I have shot is the Buffalo Bore 3C/20 which produces 1,214 ft. lbs. of ME, but there are two more powerful rounds, and the max is also by Buffalo Bore, their 3K/20 round at 1,344 ft. lbs. I have shot the 1,214 ft. lbs. round, and I have to use to hands and a glove t do so, it is that powerful.

The 'convertible' simply means that I can swap out the cylinder from the .45LC to a .45ACP one, and then plink with the .45ACP ammo. Even the most powerful .45ACP round (Atomic 185gr at 1225 fps with 616 ft, lbs.) is nothing compared to any of the more powerful .45LC rounds, and I am referring to more than just the Buffalo Bore 3C/20 rounds. I have not shot any of the .45 Super ACP rounds yet (about 700 ft. lbs.), but I will once the ammo word goes back to 'normal'.

Attachments

• P1100072.JPG
    P1100072.JPG
    491.4 KB · Views: 94

mc89

Bearcat
I've got one of the Williams guns like that. I plan on sending it off for some customization hopefully later this year. Gonna have the 5 1/2" barrel cut back to 4 5/8", and an action job performed.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I'm 97.3% sure that Contender is correct in that they are Williams Shooters exclusives; I'm old and forget the details that used to stick with me "forever". Here are my two (that I changed out the grips on); one's the 41Mag and the other is the 45Colt. I've done nothing to them and they are SUPER ACCURATE right out of the box. I won an informal match with the 45 and we went into a shoot-off with some mighty small targets for a guy who has to shoot with his left eye and right hand... $75 in my pocket that evening.

J.

Fanner50

Bearcat
I've got one of the Williams guns like that. I plan on sending it off for some customization hopefully later this year. Gonna have the 5 1/2" barrel cut back to 4 5/8", and an action job performed.
Please let us know who does the work for you and if you are happy with the results. I'm thinking about doing the same thing.

moparclan

Single-Sixer
Nice revolver, enjoy
Got the convertable a few years ago on GB, ended up sending it back because of the front sight base was off. Ruger replaced the barrel and sight. All good now reamed the cyclinder throats on both cylinders. Shoots great.
DSC00546.JPG

pix312298116.jpg

Chief

Single-Sixer
Mine is a Williams Shooters Supply exclusive. It has the gray/black laminate grips and is a .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible.