ElToro

Single-Sixer
my .44, 45 and liberty .357
100_1415.jpg

thanks
Tim

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
Good guns ElToro but to me, the Pachys just look wrong on a SA Ruger.
If they work for you, more power to ya.

ElToro

Single-Sixer
thanks.
i have wood grips tucked away for safe keeping for 1 of them, the other 2 came with the grips shown. but wood dosnt shoot well for me. i have pretty big hands. Also, i like big full power loads in the field and hunting, and i like the grip to be the same on all the guns. the top gun, the .45 colt, has the slickest action/trigger i have ever felt on a Ruger.

yeah they are all shooters/field guns, no safe queens as i bought them all previously loved no boxes or papers or anything... get better prices that way :)

Next on the shopping list is some blue blackhawks and maybe a single six or bearcat for my almost 2 year old boy and maybe some longer barrels ?

I figured 2010 was finally time to learn to post pics so i dug all the toys out for a modeling shoot, this is the Ruger side of the family. maybe rifles tommorrow ?

Tim

Dale53

Blackhawk
I love 'em, grips and all. Here's my .44 Lipsey Special:

DalesPistolsRevolvers4Selects-0392.jpg

Then, there is the newest of the bunch, the SS Bisley .45 Colt/.45 ACP Convertible with the ACP cylinder in place:

DalesPistolsRevolvers4Selects-0385.jpg

Dale53

texaswheelgunner

Single-Sixer
Dale, does Pacymyer still make the rubber grips for the Blackhawks?

I have a couple of Old Models with XR3-Red Grip Frames I might like to try them on if they still make them. Thanks

VAdoublegunner

Single-Sixer
Phew....
Of course, gun grip fit is a very personal thing, and whatever makes you shoot best should be of no concern to others, and I hope you don't take it wrong but I gotta admit, Dale53, that Lipsey's 44 Special just sent a rift through the Force. :)

ElToro

Single-Sixer
i have shot a friends .44 with the factory bisley grip and its not bad at all. the standard grip doesnt allow all my fingers to wrap around the handle and i dont like the feel of my pinky dangling in the wind..

i agree for show you pretty grips. for go you need what feels good

Latest posts