MY .41 magnum on a midframe!!! Ruger should make this!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aggie01

Blackhawk
Before pic - It started as the ubiquitous .357 anniversary. You will notice the stock hammer and grips didn't even make it into the before pic. I don't care for checkered single action grips, and I like low, wide spur hammers.

DSCN0686.jpg

It spent a month at Jack Huntington's shop. Two cylinders, one in .41 magnum, one in .41 Special (thanks to az6gun for the 2nd cylinder).
Private Schultz American Holly grips, Belt Mountain base pin, Alpha Precision front sight. You can't see it, but the cylinder freewheels and the base pin latch spring is a Wolff extra power.

Got two pics before my memory card told me it was time to clean up some BS on it. I tried to get a pic of the crown, I love it.
We cut corners in a few places, maybe it's not a "perfect piece" by some standards, but it's a dual cylinder gun, better than Ruger would have produced it, in a caliber Ruger "ought" to produce a midframe in, and I have less than $1K in it.

DSCN0867.jpg

DSCN0868.jpg

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
Yep. The 41 mag on the small frame balckhawk is sure the ticket. Hre is one that Bowen did. Roy Fishpaw did the grips. It shoots the 210 grain Gold Dot bullet REALLY fast.

Picture008-2.jpg

Picture010.jpg

americal

Hunter
The custom guns shown on this forum are really neat looking 8) this is the only forum I've seen such fine workmanship :!: :!:

az6gun

Bearcat
Thats what I'm talking about! They look great. Mine in 41Spl won't be done until June. After shooting my 44Spl I called Clements and requested two gold bars and a little more light to the sides off the front sight. I had a blast @ the range shooting 200-300 yd gongs with the gold bars.