My 1st CLC Custom Grips. Thanks Cary!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dougader

Hunter
I have been looking at grips, especially Cary's grips for as long as I have been a member of this board. I tried to order some amazing stablized pao ferro grips Cary made up, but - alas - they were already spoken for. Then I tried to buy some blanks to have Cary make the grips from, but every piece of wood that "spoke" to me had been sold too.

But Cary, the gentleman and professional that he is, had a set of blanks that had been made into grips and the person who ordered didn't come through with payment. So Cary sent me an email letting me know he was posting them on his site... because these grips were made from a set of blanks that I had tried to purchase earlier this year.

So I immediately went to the CLC site, looked them over and called Cary. In my mind, they are superb in every detail.

I haven't even got these in the mail yet, but i can't wait to try them out on a sweet little 32 mag Single Six SSM.

CLC651_1.jpg

CLC651_2.jpg

CLC651_3.jpg

These are Cary's excellent pictures. I don't have a camera - or the skill - to take pictures of this quality. I'm so excited I can't stand it. Merry Christmas to me!!! :lol:

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
I only wish I had more Ruger single actions so I could buy more of Cary's grips. They're fantastic! (Of course, I would need the money for both too....)

I'm just thankful he doesn't make grips for other guns, I'd be flat broke!

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
Your little .32 is going to look supurb with those perty grips. Cary does magnificent artwork with wood, I have a few pair of his grips on my guns & they are special....
Thanks for sharing those beauties with us..... 8)

dougader

Hunter
Thanks for all the replies, guys!

Hey Contender, I think Cary is just super busy creating his art in wood, ie, the grips we all like so much.

I am still looking at some Holly grips, too. Sixshot had a pic of some Holly's he made and put on a Bisley. Good lookin' work over there in Idaho!

Zeus

Blackhawk
I sure like the black ferrules and hardware, they really set a set of stocks off that have a nice dark figure. I think you will enjoy them, they are great looking stocks....GS

americal

Hunter
Like wheels on a street rod :!: :!: can make a huge difference in looks :shock: Bet ya'll didn't know that I had such great knowledge :lol:

dougader

Hunter
The dark hardware that Cary offers (in addition to his mastery of the wood) was the extra detail that had me looking to CLC Custom grips this time around.

I have a set of Faux ivory grips (Eagle, I think) on a Bisley that just don't fit right. I can't tighten them enough to hold without slipping, and any more force and I'm afraid I'll crack the grips. In addition, I don't like the gunfighter style grip. Its not thick enough to feel right in my hands, expecially with heavy Ruger type loads (335 WLNGC @ 1200 fps).

dougader

Hunter
The wood looks even better up close. I know some will think it a sacrilege, and I went back and forth on it forever, but I had Cary put Ruger Black Eagle emblems in. I think they look super sharp, and they fit the 32 Single Six and the 45 Colt Blackhawk.

CLCClaroWalnut651_8.jpg

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Cary is a very talented artist! The fact that he offers blued hardware of the correct size/length in his grips is one thing that sets him apart.
I do believe there is at least one Forum Member who buys more Ruger single actions just so he can buy more CaryC grips! :wink: