Mule Deer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

don44

Hunter
This is a photo of a deer I got in the Owyhee Mts. of Idaho a few years ago. I was using a SBH 44magnum.
scan0006.jpg

don44

Hunter
He was about 50 yds or so. The shot dropped him on the spot. We had to drag him about 2 or 300 yds or more.

don44

Hunter
My son and I spotted this buck in an aspen patch at the bottom of a steep incline. We put on a stalk that took about a 1/2 hr. ( It seemed much longer at the time.) We got within range and I shot him at about 50 yds. It was only about 1/4 mile from the Nevada border and it was a draw hunt. I used a 240 gr XTP and 19 gr of 2400, it is a good load.We had to drag this deer about 2 or 300 yds up and over a hill and across a little creek. But I wouldn't trade doing something like this with my son for $10,000 dollars. This photo is from a scan and is not the best quality. It is also my first photo on this website. Thanks for all the nice comments. :)

don44

Hunter
It was a draw hunt and my son and I both got drawn because we put in together. The 2 pt. hunt is a general season deer hunt in that area. The odds on getting drawn are not very good,but sometimes a person lucks out. Idaho F&G still has the hunt,unit 41 with 100 permits in November. I hope that answers your question.

Latest posts