MP Molds 327 Single Seven Mjolnir Group Buy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2 dogs

Buckeye
I wanted to take a few minutes and make a few comments as to why I believe the MP Molds 327 Single Seven Mjolnir cast bullet may well be the single most well thought out and significant of all the 32 caliber 640 designs.

First, in Old Norse, it is spelled: Mjǫllnir and is often commonly spelled Mjölnir or just Mjolnir because modern keyboards do not support Old Norse spelling. According to a professor who teaches Old Norse it is pronounced MULE-NEER and the R at the end is rolled like in Spanish.

Second, the overall length of the Mjolnir is both extremely tolerant yet bears a hidden twist of versatility. Probably the shortest cylindered 32 sixgun in common use is the Ruger Single Six. Mjolnir is going to fit those many 32 H&R sixguns out there and satisfy any heavy duty bullet chores required of those sixguns.

Third, that extra lube groove. None of the other 32 Caliber 640 designs have it. That makes the Mjolnir the best choice for a Carbine because it will surely carry enough lubricant to make it to the muzzle. Not that the other designs won't, but the additional lubricant is a failsafe. The .297" nose to crimp is the icing on the cake here as well because it practically guarantees smooth cycling in a lever gun and ammunition that will hold crimp even if stacked in a long magazine tube. More, in a sixgun, one might even use that top lube groove as a crimp groove to load this design long (This assumes throats with proper dimensions) and have more room in the parent case for powder. It would be close, but that idea might even work in the aforementioned Ruger Single Six 32 H&R magnum and allow for the ultimate load in that design envelope. It remains to be seen if the newer GP100 and SP101 can be loaded long as well with this design.

Fourth, it's perfect for the Single Seven yes, but it is also perfect for the Single Six design window itself. Consider this, The Sledgehammer is a fantastic bullet. In the 32-20 it is an absolute best with it's heavest loads in modern sixguns with tight chambers well into 357 Magnum territory. But it's too long to fit in the Single Six design envelope. That is not true of Mjolnir. A 32-20 case is supposed to be 1.315" long. The nose to crimp on Mjolnir is .297". Added together the total length is 1.612" which is just about the maximum "safe" cylinder window for a Single Six. The long bearing surface of Mjolmir may yield some very interesting ballistics from the .327 Federal and a properly chambered and modern 32-20....

Last, there are the short necked wildcat sixguns. Again, using the top grease groove as crimp groove might just get the base of the GC into the base of your case. It is definitely going to fit in the Custom Bearcats. One can only wonder if 30 Carbine and other similar cartridges might benefit. As I said in the beginning, this one is really going to be something.

http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/21680/molds-327-single-mjolnir-group

contender

Ruger Guru
I thought I'd already signed up for this one,,, but nope. Thanks for the gentle reminder. (Sometimes it takes a whack up side my head.) :D

I'll be adding this one to my 32 cal stable & SMILING!